Can CesiumJS work without Cesium Ion??

sourabh.m...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2019, 6:29:17 PM11/15/19
to cesium-dev
1. A concise explanation of the problem you're experiencing.
I want to confirm if CesiumJS can work without Cesium Ion. Is Cesium Ion a paid platform or free? If CesiumJs can not work standalone and need Cesium Ion then do we have other alternative as Cesium Ion is a paid service

Omar Shehata

Nov 16, 2019, 2:28:22 PM11/16/19
to cesium-dev
Cesium ion is free to use if you're using it for non-commercial use and don't exceed the usage limits here: https://cesium.com/pricing/

It's also not required either. You can load your own data sources in CesiumJS outside of Cesium ion. What kind of project are you using Cesium for?

shikhami...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2019, 6:33:48 PM11/16/19
to cesium-dev
No, I am using it for commercial use. I have shared a project requirement below. And also tell me if there any other alternative for cesium ion. I will be highly appreciated.

This project requires to build a Web portal to accept 3D models as input and convert it to a tilemap
undersea topography using an open-source (non-GPL) solution to render the underwater topology
on a web page.

On Sunday, November 17, 2019 at 12:58:22 AM UTC+5:30, Omar Shehata wrote:
Cesium ion is free to use if you're using it for non-commercial use and don't exceed the usage limits here: https://cesium.com/pricing/

It's also not required either. You can load your own data sources in CesiumJS outside of Cesium ion. What kind of project are you using Cesium for?

crocsx...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2019, 9:24:16 PM11/18/19
to cesium-dev
You do not need Cesium Ion to use Cesiumjs. and you don't need to pay for CesiumJs. But, without Ion, you can't use some Imagery/Terrain provider and can't load assets any assets from Ions, so you will have to find or make the providers by yourself.