Model converter temporarily offline

Matthew Amato

Mar 24, 2015, 12:10:42 PM3/24/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
The online Collada to glTF converter at http://cesiumjs.org/convertmodel.html has been temporarily taken offline to address a bug that was negatively affecting performance on the the rest of cesiumjs.org.  We'll send out another email when it is back up.

Hyper Sonic

Mar 24, 2015, 3:11:17 PM3/24/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Makes sense, SandCastle apps load much faster now.

Umar Sharif

Mar 30, 2015, 1:34:32 AM3/30/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Can you give an idea how long would it take to come online?

Matthew Amato

Mar 30, 2015, 9:05:05 PM3/30/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
It will hopefully be back up on by April 1st.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 1:34 AM, Umar Sharif <uma...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can you give an idea how long would it take to come online?

Sai Asuka

Apr 1, 2015, 11:03:03 PM4/1/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Is this the April Fools joke? :)

Matthew Amato

Apr 1, 2015, 11:08:39 PM4/1/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
I did say hopefully :)  It should be up by the 2nd.

Matthew Amato

Apr 2, 2015, 8:58:36 PM4/2/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
The converter has been restored with tons of bugs fixes and greatly improved compatibility.  As always, if you run into any problems with it, just let us know.

Willem

Apr 3, 2015, 4:16:24 AM4/3/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
SandCastle (http://cesiumjs.org/Cesium/Apps/Sandcastle/index.html) appears to be broken/hanging, it only displays "Loading...".
Can there be a relation with the converter?

Thanks, Willem

From the FFox console (alos tried Chrome):

Matthew Amato

Apr 3, 2015, 9:54:38 AM4/3/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, this is now fixed.

ebour...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2015, 2:43:07 PM4/3/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
When I try my .dae file I get "An unknown error occured."

Matthew Amato

Apr 7, 2015, 4:14:42 PM4/7/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
If you can share the file with us, we'd be happy to take a look,  If you don't want to post it to the group, you can email me a link directly at matt....@gmail.com

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 2:43 PM, <ebour...@gmail.com> wrote:
When I try my .dae file I get "An unknown error occured."

Aneta

Apr 9, 2015, 12:22:45 PM4/9/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem as "ebour". Is there any problem with convert tool? I have used converter many times ago but now it says "An unknown error occured."

Matthew Amato

Apr 9, 2015, 12:23:30 PM4/9/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Can you share the model with us?  If so, we can look into it.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 12:22 PM, Aneta <Ane...@seznam.cz> wrote:
I have the same problem as "ebour". Is there any problem with convert tool? I have used converter many times ago but now it says "An unknown error occured."

Aneta Prokopičová

Apr 9, 2015, 12:31:01 PM4/9/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
There is the model.

Apr 10, 2015, 11:46:20 AM4/10/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Aneta, the main issue with that model is that the paths are incorrect, for example, texture7.jpg is referenced as "../images/texture7.jpg" but it's actually "images/texture7.jpg", so while the conversion succeeds, the textures are not properly embedded and the model fails to load.  I adjusted the paths and was able to convert the model.  The attached zip contains my edits and I've also attached the converter gltf.  If you drag and drop the zip into the converter, it should work for you now as well.
model_1764.zip
model_1764.gltf

Aneta Prokopičová

Apr 10, 2015, 12:32:30 PM4/10/15