How to only render the entities in camera view?

Lukey

Aug 17, 2018, 12:59:45 AM8/17/18
to cesium-dev
1. A concise explanation of the problem you're experiencing.
How to only render the entities in camera view?
I know cesium does this automatically with a 3D tileset.json, is there a quick way to do this with entities?
Only show the entities when camera is in view of them?
I've been looking at the cesium occluder but it's a bit confusing as I don't know what an occluder is or looks like, google hasn't helped.

2. A minimal code example. If you've found a bug, this helps us reproduce and repair it.

3. Context. Why do you need to do this? We might know a better way to accomplish your goal.
Optimisation purposes

4. The Cesium version you're using, your operating system and browser.
1.48

Omar Shehata

Aug 20, 2018, 9:21:03 AM8/20/18
to cesium-dev
The Cesium engine already does something like this, see here:

Note that it's not as straightforward as it sounds because:

  1. There isn't a 1 to 1 correspondence between entities and primitives, since the Entity API is optimized in various ways, sometimes 1 primitive renders multiple entities to reduce draw calls.
  2. Cesium uses a multi-frustum system
Notice how the engine uses the bounding volume to check whether something is visible:

Lukey .

Aug 20, 2018, 10:07:11 AM8/20/18
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the reply :)