New to community

thewayo...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2014, 9:08:10 AM1/9/14
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm new to Cesium and would like to contribute. At the moment, I don't have a particular area in mind but I'm excited to work in various interesting topics. So how should I start?

I'm also looking up to GSOC 2014 and perhaps do a project. Where should I get the latest news regarding it like the list of projects, mentors etc.?

Regards,

Kartik Kohli

Matthew Amato

Jan 9, 2014, 10:06:03 AM1/9/14
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kartik,

We are definitely always looking for people willing to help out.  We have a "beginners" label in our list of GitHub issues specifically designed for developers who want to work on Cesium but are just starting out.  Here's a direct link to a filtered list of them:

You can pick any one of them and start hacking away, but it's probably a good idea to post a comment on the issue indicating that you are working on it, along with any questions you might have.

We also have a Contributor Guide on our wiki for helping configure your development environement: https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium/wiki/Contributor%27s-Guide

The most important thing you'll need to do is sign and email us the Contributors license agreement (CLA).  You can find that information here: https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md For some reason the CLA links are broken but I'm looking into that now.  We can't take any code from you with a CLA on file.

Finally, while the page may be a little out of day, our GSOC ideas page is here: https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-Ideas Of course students can also suggest their own ideas as well.

Hope that helps,

Matt