Draw arc around a central point

fiddys...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2018, 9:08:02 AM4/11/18
to cesium-dev
Hi,

I'm trying to draw an arc that is centred on a point (the red line in the following screenshot).
https://imgur.com/a/vOE5x

I've have lat/longs for points A, B, C.
Points A and B are equidistant from C.

The reason I need it is to plot an airspace which is defined as starting at point A, centred on point C and ending at point B.

I'm using Cesium 1.44 on Chrome on Windows.

Thank you,
Fidel

Gabby Getz

Apr 12, 2018, 10:14:22 AM4/12/18
to cesium-dev
Hi Fidel,

Here's a thread which discusses drawing ellipses in airspace with the Cesium API. You can alter that example to your needs. There are plenty of math/geometry resources online that should help you figure out the formula for drawing the arc.

Thanks,
Gabby