Ticket software

cleonamccann

Sep 26, 2020, 3:41:10 PM9/26/20
to CESI-list
Hello

Was wondering if anyone has used an online numbered ticket program for IT issues? As in, a problem comes in over email and is placed on a numbered queued system. The sender is notified of their position in the queue.

Thanks
Cleona

G P Ashe

Sep 26, 2020, 3:55:35 PM9/26/20
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Spiceworks

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/467e7fdd-8bb1-4e17-aba8-c35aab0e53bbn%40googlegroups.com.

Cleona Mccann

Sep 26, 2020, 4:06:58 PM9/26/20
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

This looks great

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/CAM8o64%3D9avp3fKJPo9U4j2krws%3DJuSZ8x5mw0xX5byD6V92u3g%40mail.gmail.com.

Hassan Dabbagh

Sep 26, 2020, 4:39:58 PM9/26/20
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Spiceworks is a life changer , you could create a google form but to be honest after you put on all the work Spiceworks will still be much better .

Groups "CESI-list" group.

Visit the web site www.cesi.ie

--
Hassan Dabbagh
Network Administrator

Cleona Mccann

Sep 26, 2020, 5:18:57 PM9/26/20
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
How is it for the users that need to create tickets? Easy enough or will I need to give a tutorial?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/CABGY00VrFEO%2B3z%3DVcvLUe7AgudF%3DWAwSGoy-5sMUisbJ0E4rkQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Hassan Dabbagh

Sep 26, 2020, 6:18:36 PM9/26/20
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Very straightforward and straightforward to setup and since Spiceworks is open source by “support pros” can be very intuitive linking it to the cloud of run off the local server, I recommend the cloud.

If you need me to share a link with you to show you what teachers see let me know .

Denis Dennehy

Sep 27, 2020, 5:28:13 AM9/27/20
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hassan. Have been  ‘digitally eavesdropping’ On your chat withCleona.. I would like to see the dashboard that teachers see so you might send link to me pls

2. Still trying to think money collection through.. ie subject teacher would always collect Cost of test but don’t want to collect cash... it’s always been a struggle get most quickly but there’s the few... office Admin  says that’s unmanageable on easy pay from an admin perspective ... the limited time for window Open makes It a piece of work to manage... was thinking am i last to collect Money by hand
Would  3 money card work or an post Card  all I want for Christmas is... not to be touching ‘filthy lucre’ ...
why would I do this? A small high pitch scream for help...

3.     Also Hassan pls point in the direction of best tutorial for using google calendar for appointments need to crack it this week end?

4.      Also is there a thread for Adobe with editablE forms want to set up and get students to fill... Chris has me all excited earlier was wondering is there a link to that.

Also 5 At recent guidance AGM was tell them about CESI google forms and it’s versatility over what’s app... ‘evangelising’ but was unclear how to set up initially became ‘hooked’ later when I joined CESI.

Enough already!!

Regards
Denis

Regard

Geraldine Raftery

Sep 27, 2020, 6:26:54 AM9/27/20
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Denis, May I join in here? If you are a Microsoft school, use MS forms, Google if GSuite
PayPal for payments prepaid cards but there is a charge for all you need to build in
There is a wireless card reader SumUp
ProductPayment Processing Fee
PayPal Here1.00 to 2.75%
Shopify1.5 to 1.7%
SumUp1.69%
iZettle1.75%
Square1.75%
Showing 1 to 5 of 5 entries

Three of the card readers (SumUp, iZettle and Square) charge a fixed percentage fee on payments so there is no econom

Cleona Mccann

Sep 27, 2020, 6:42:55 AM9/27/20
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Geraldine

Its more the organisation of the tickets from my side and the feedback to the issue that I'm after

Denis Dennehy

Sep 27, 2020, 8:00:11 AM9/27/20
to cesi-list
Hi Geraldine, thanks for taking time... just not sure I understand the detail.. could you break it down 'SEN' style when you get a moment I'm in Guidance so have 140 students to get €15 from and I don't want to touch €s For now I'm not going through office ie last year would have done the run around, hustled, cajoled intimidated etc for the money.. will get office to write a cheque and pay the office thats been the way...
What do I need to do? Will I have a record of who has paid eg Mary Murphy 4A and date, she paid €13 00 on 6th and €2 on 7th
Can you explain briefly the software options?  I dont want to use a personal account one length remove is fine I think?
If I'm collecting €1500 ( 15 x 100 ) cost = € 2.50 is that near being correct???
If you want to email me directly I'm denisd...@cpckilcullen.com might save my blushes

Kind regards
Denis

Hassan Dabbagh

Oct 2, 2020, 5:29:17 AM10/2/20
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you RE: the Spiceworks Tickets, these are the screenshots.
1=the Dashboard, this is what I see.
2=what the teacher fills out
3=what the teacher fills out expanded to show closed tickets.

remember this software costs nothing. as always if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Hassan Dabbagh
087 9044716

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Power

Oct 2, 2020, 6:17:53 PM10/2/20
to CESI-list
cleonamccann  - You could still go the google forms route, as you could share the response sheet with teachers and fill in progress. I.E. Teachers submit the initial fault via the form, then they can check the response sheet where you can add columns for assignee, status (drop down - resolved/in progress etc). You can add a column to allow teachers reopen.

+ Subscribe to response sheet and when a teacher logs an issue you get an email notifying you.