IT conferences showcases in Europe to support teaching and learning

Miriam Cameron

Oct 21, 2017, 6:58:10 AM10/21/17
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,

Could anyone give me an idea of IT conferences related to Teaching and learning that happen in Europe?

If you have been to any, which are the best etc?

Thanks in advance

Miriam

Power

Oct 22, 2017, 9:51:18 PM10/22/17
to CESI-list
Totally unbiased opinion here: CESI conference is the best!

On a large scale BETT in the UK is very good.

Emer

Oct 23, 2017, 6:40:54 AM10/23/17
to CESI-list
I've only attended the CESI Conference (http://www.cesi.ie/conferences/conference-2017/) and the ICT in Education Conference in LIT (https://www.facebook.com/ICTinEducationConference/), but both were really high quality events for learning, networking, sharing ideas, thinking, enjoyment...
Can recommend both wholeheartedly.

Emer

Orna Farrell

Oct 23, 2017, 7:21:58 AM10/23/17
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Edtech run by Ilta is good too

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/cesi-list.

Orna Farrell
Programme Chair- BA Humanities, BA English & History, BA Single Module
Open Education Unit
Room: D111

Address: Open Education Unit, National Institute for Digital Learning (NIDL), Dublin City University, Dublin 9, Ireland

Phone: +353-1-7005662
Twitter: @orna_farrell

My recent article on the value of a BA: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/ba-bugger-all-orna-farrell

Séanadh Ríomhphoist/Email Disclaimer

Tá an ríomhphost seo agus aon chomhad a sheoltar leis faoi rún agus is lena úsáid ag an seolaí agus sin amháin é. Is féidir tuilleadh a léamh anseo.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for use by the addressee. Read more here.

Brett Becker

Oct 23, 2017, 7:40:22 AM10/23/17
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
The International Conference on Engaging Pedagogy (ICEP) is in December each year, in Ireland - often Dublin, but it has been held in Athlone and Sligo in the past. This year the conference is in Griffith College (Dublin 8) on December 15.

It is a general education conference, often focussing on third-level, but it has a high proportion of IT/programming/computing papers and has in the past covered all aspects of education from primary to graduate schools. Past papers are available on the website.

About 1/2 of the steering committee are Irish third-level computing lecturers (me being one). For more see www.icep.ie - if you have any specific questions, feel free to drop me a line.

Brett
Recent papers:

Becker, B.A., Glanville, G., Iwashima, R., McDonnell, C., Goslin, K. and Mooney, C. Effective compiler error message enhancement for novice programming studentsComputer Science Education, 26(2-3) pp.148-175, 2016, Taylor & Francis.

Bouvier, D., Lovellette, E., Matta, J., Alshaigy B., Becker, B.A., Craig M., Jackova, J., McCartney, R., Sanders, K., and Zarb, M. 2016. Novice programmers and the problem description effect. In Proceedings of the 2016 ITiCSE Working Group Reports (ITiCSE '16), pp.103-118, ACM.

Dr. Brett A. Becker
Assistant Professor
Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland

Chief Maintainer
Irish Supercomputer List
www.IrishSupercomputerList.org
@IrishHPCList

Alan Crean

Oct 23, 2017, 8:55:33 AM10/23/17
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Miriam, I attended UCISA in the UK last year and I found it to be an excellent experience and picked up a lot of useful information.

Thanks,
Alan
Kind regards,
Alan Crean
Student ServiceDesk Supervisor
Information Systems Services

Hassan Dabbagh

Oct 23, 2017, 9:12:20 AM10/23/17
to cesi...@googlegroups.com

For me it’s CESI, ICTedu and BETT and I’m not saying that because I’m involved with them. I find Feilte very good as well.

http://www.lit.ie/ictedu

http://www.cesi.ie/

http://www.teachingcouncil.ie/en/News-Events/Latest-News/FEILTE-7-October-2017.html

https://www.bettshow.com/

Keep an eye out for Teach Meets, they can be a great place to meetup and exchange ideas

https://clareed.ie/private-courses/579-teachmeet-clare.html

Hassan Dabbagh
+353 (0)87 9044716

Visit the web site www.cesi.ie
Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.

John Heffernan

Oct 23, 2017, 1:14:50 PM10/23/17
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
I have attended a Euroclio History workshop which had a significant IT element to it. They are working on some interesting stuff.

Scottish Learning Festival

You have ILTA as well

If you want to go further afield, I can list loads in the the States

Visit the web site www.cesi.ie
Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/cesi-list.

Visit the web site www.cesi.ie
Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.

Miriam Cameron

Oct 26, 2017, 9:22:21 AM10/26/17
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a million everyone.

Best wishes
Miriam

Mike Carter

Oct 27, 2017, 8:44:27 AM10/27/17
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Miriam
The Education show at the LITEXPO in Vilnius Lithuania is small but worth a visit lots of student participation end of November

Mike​

Mike Carter
Managing Director
Greenesfield Business Centre