Windows Update

v...@valgavin.biz

Apr 21, 2021, 7:31:47 AM4/21/21
to CESI-list

Just when we thought Windows 10 was fixed with updates

Anyways we are back in trouble with Microsoft’s latest update.

Update KB5001330

Update KB5001337

The issues are Video glitches, more Audio problems in some cases Blue Screen crashes and User profiles lost.

I have a few computers in a schools that since the Monday 21st April Update can no longer project to a screen, that is Windows Key + P to duplicate or extend the screen no longer works and windows hangs on updating, audio intermittent

Hopefully the uninstall fix works

Go to start run, type CMD and open as Administrator, type the following and press return

wusa /uninstall /kb: 5001330

wusa /uninstall /kb: 5001337

Do not restart the computer.

Type      ‘net stop wuauserv’ without the quotes press return

Do not restart

Go to My computer, C: drive and browse to the C:\Windows folder click and scroll down until you see the SoftwareDistribution folder, right click on it and rename to it to something like  SoftwareDistribution.bak.

It will be created again after a few minutes

You must have administrator rights

Restart

I think it’s best to delay updates for at least a month

Val

Val Gavin Computer Services

Unit 12 MGB
Base Centre