Recycling Old Computers

Shane Fleming

Nov 20, 2020, 5:07:47 AM11/20/20
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Good morning,

We have some old iMacs that are lying dormant for a good few years now. They are a 2006 model and I would assume not applicable to the whole "donation" system. I can't seem to find anywhere to recycle the equipment. Does anyone know where these could be recycled?

Thanks,
--
Shane

Imogen Bertin

Nov 20, 2020, 5:11:50 AM11/20/20
to cesi...@googlegroups.com

"Ireland
Apple Trade In
Trade in any device in any condition, and we’ll give you credit or recycle it for free."

"Post it for free.
It’s easy to turn in your device. Our partner will send you a trade-in kit with everything you need to post your device. We cover the delivery cost."

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/CACU5DmkAczeUfvCyHu5kWorPrjpkzZwZ1k5XZSx0gBAhLSQCjA%40mail.gmail.com.

--

Reagrove, Minane Bridge, Co. Cork, Ireland P17 KH32
Tel: +353 87 2655261 Email: imo...@ctc.ie

Tim Lavery

Nov 20, 2020, 5:37:55 AM11/20/20
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Shane

I would be interested in reusing these if they are functional, have emailed you separately.

Kind regards,

Tim Lavery FRGS FRCGS FLS

CEO and Senior Consultant

The World Explorers Bureau
Award-winning Explorers, Scientists and Educators

Mobile: 087 9433778

www.worldexplorersbureau.com

Publishers of :

Ripcord Adventure Journal
Ripcord Adventure Gear Guides
Ripcord Monographs
Irish Explorer's Journal

This communication may contain privileged and confidential information and  is intended for the named addressee only. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy this communication immediately. Any confidentiality, privilege or copyright is not waived or lost if this communication has been sent to you in error.

Chris Reina

Nov 20, 2020, 5:46:00 AM11/20/20
to Shane Fleming, cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shane,

Another interesting option would perhaps be to upcycle them by installing an SSD drive and the Linux distro of your choice (Mint would probably be mine)

For €50 (and some work) you’d have machines that would run a current up-to-date OS and be very useful…

Many thanks!

Chris

Ré Draiochta . Coolcaslagh . Killarney . County Kerry . Ireland . V93 R1W5
WEB: www.teachtech.support   •   MOBILE: 087-2685020

Hassan Dabbagh

Nov 23, 2020, 3:47:43 PM11/23/20
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
I’m with Chris in this one, iMacs have amazing hardware so it’s stands to reason they would be great with Linux . I recently put chrome OS on a MacBook Air and it’s running really well.

--
Hassan Dabbagh
Network Administrator