Teachers confidence re technology use - pre pandemic and current

Tony Riley

Apr 21, 2021, 3:46:38 AM4/21/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone

I'm hoping I could ask a few of you 'if have the time' to complete a brief research survey on 'Teachers confidence and use of digital technologies pre-pandemic versus their confidence now'.

It's part of a St Pat's, DCU Masters group research project and should take roughly 10mis to complete.

The link to the survey is here:

You may want to read plain language statement (below) about the study before completing the survey.

Many thanks,
Tony

Dear Teacher,

We are completing our M.Ed. at the Institute of Education, Dublin City University. We are currently completing a module in Quantitative Research Methods. As part of this module, we are required to carry out a small piece of quantitative research. This task is a group project. The group consists of a total of 11 members, all of which are registered students at DCU.

You are invited to participate in this research which relates to the current Covid-19 pandemic. This group study is looking at teacher’s confidence and use of digital technologies pre-pandemic versus their confidence now.

Participants will be required to complete a 10-minute online survey. The survey will use Qualtrics to compile the data.

There is no risk to participating in this study beyond than that encountered in everyday life.

The indirect benefit to participating in this research include allowing you, the participant, to reflect on your own confidence and use of digital technologies pre-pandemic versus your confidence now and into the future.

To ensure your anonymity no identifying details of the school or any individuals will be collected. The data will be destroyed in September 2024 two years after the completion of our studies.

Involvement in this research study is voluntary. Participants can refrain from answering any questions that they do not feel comfortable answering.

If participants have concerns about this study and wish to contact an independent person, please contact: The Secretary, Faculty Ethics Review Panel Institute of Education, DCU St Patrick’s Campus, Dublin City University, Drumcondra, Dublin 9. E- mail: fe...@dcu.ie

Kind Regards,

Aisling Duffy, Jonathan Beirne, Scott Fallon, Lorcan Traynor, Sean O Gorman, Conor McBride, Michael Smyth, Ciara King, Anthony Riley, Niamh O Malley, Suhashni Gangai

Roisin Beaver

Apr 21, 2021, 2:59:17 PM4/21/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
I'd be really interested in reading the results of this survey Tony! I
sent it on to our staff in school. Hopefully you'll get a few
Good luck with it,
Roisin

--
Best wishes,
Roisin

Tony Riley

Apr 21, 2021, 4:20:52 PM4/21/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roisin

Fantastic thanks, very happy to share with you.

I’ll be in touch.

Thanks again,
Tony