Snap! block programming conference July 30 - August 2

John Hegarty

Jul 6, 2020, 3:24:21 AM7/6/20
to ces...@googlegroups.com
This was due to take place in Berkeley California but has now moved online. The cost has come way down too - now only $20 for the four days 4pm - 9pm.

I can't recommend this enough for anyone using block based programming of any variety and looking to take things to a new level and spend some time with talented folk in a wide variety of disciplines. Even if you can only attend a couple of sessions it will be good value.

In parallel with this is the Young Thinkers Festival for young folk (12 or over) looking to learn some programming.

jh

Snap!Con 2020 will be an online conference, Thursday, July 30 to Sunday, August 2

Sessions are 8am-1pm California time all four days, 3pm-8pm GMT.

What?

For four days researchers, educators, makers and enthusiasts of Snap! from all over the world will gather online to share ideas, experiences, schemes and artifacts around the beauty and joy of computing. Come and join us! Engage in lively demos, discussions, talks, panels, and connect virtually with actual young thinkers.

Why?

Computer Science and Mathematics transform how we learn, work and interact with each other. We believe that critical optimism, creative disobedience and courageous curiosity are ingredients for a rich and self-determined life in the 21st century. Programming a computer is not just a vocational skill but an act of intellectual emancipation and a medium for self-expression. In the spirit of Seymour Papert's "Mathland" analogy we invite you to join us for a celebration of creative coding.

Who?

Organized by Members of the Snap! Visual Programming Language Community, the conference welcomes contributions from all computing education enthusiasts regardless of your tool, paradigm or setting of choice. K12 Scratch teachers, informal coding club facilitators, programming language-makers, curriculum designers, college professors, MOOCistas, circuit-board solderers, digital artists, computing ethics activists: This is for you! We look forward to hearing your story.