https://cernerhealth.com/oauth/authenticate

Nirav Mistry

Mar 19, 2019, 8:13:22 AM3/19/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

     Based on https://dev.cernerhealth.com/doc/api/oauth/sign-in-with-cerner-health documentation, I am trying to integrate the "sign in with cerner health".
     I created an application in "https://code.cerner.com/developer/smart-on-fhir/apps" and using the clientid,redirect_uri and sign_in_only parameters in https://cernerhealth.com/oauth/authenticate url.
     But it always returns "Failed    to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (INTERNAL SERVER ERROR)"

Am i getting client id from wrong location ?
Am i passing wrong parameters ? ( I think i am not because i am following documentation provided by cerner.

Shriniket Sarkar (Cerner)

Mar 19, 2019, 11:06:13 AM3/19/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello Nirav,
                  For launching SMART apps please follow the documentation provided on SMART on FHIR documentation. For the authentication flow you can refer to : SMART on FHIR Authentication . To get a better idea on how the SMART on FHIR Apps work you can try out our SMART on FHIR app tutorial which will take you through all the steps in creating an app, authorization and communication with FHIR API's.

Do let us know if you run into any issues.

Thanks,
Shriniket

Shriniket Sarkar (Cerner)

Mar 19, 2019, 11:38:59 AM3/19/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Some clarification : The documentation I provided was for SMART on FHIR workflow.
Since you are trying to integrate Cerner Health can you answer the following questions :

1. Did you obtain the Client ID and secret from the Cerner Health team ?
2. For the call to authenticate are you using the Client ID provided to you by registering your app on CodeConole

Thanks,
Shriniket

Nirav Mistry

Mar 19, 2019, 2:14:50 PM3/19/19
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hello Shriniket,
Thanks for your inputs.
As i shared links with you, i follow this link to integrate the Cerner login(like facebook login integration) our system.

1. Did you obtain the Client ID and secret from the Cerner Health team ? : How can i do it ( but i think I already got client id )
2. For the call to authenticate are you using the Client ID provided to you by registering your app on CodeConole ? Yes, I created application in it and using client id which is generated in the app.

Am i using wrong method?

Thanks & Regards,
Nirav

Shriniket Sarkar (Cerner)

Mar 19, 2019, 2:25:25 PM3/19/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
To clear out the confusion : Cerner Health login is different from Cerner login for the EHR.
If you are wanting to use Cerner login i.e login for the Cerner Sandbox (i.e FHIRPLAY : Cerner's SMART on FHIR Sandbox) then you will need to follow the steps provided in the documentation provided here : SMART on FHIR Authentication
If you are wanting to integrate Cerner Health login then you will need to follow step provided here : Sign In With Cerner Health

If you are wanting to use Cerner Health login then you will need to obtain the Client ID and Secret from Cerner Health as explained in the Sign In With Cerner Health document.
Using the Client ID from  https://code.cerner.com/developer/smart-on-fhir/apps will not work with Cerner Health login.

I hope this makes it clear. Do let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Shriniket

Nirav Mistry

Mar 19, 2019, 3:02:52 PM3/19/19
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hello Shriniket,

yes, i wanted to integrate Cerner Health login.
So, I have to send email to cer...@cerner.com to get the client id ? and is it possible for you to give me more information about the email content? because in documentation there is not much information about the email.
But what i am planning to write in email is : our portal's URL, may be purpose of portal ? Or is there any other information i needed to provide ?

Thanks & Regards,
Nirav

Shriniket Sarkar (Cerner)

Mar 19, 2019, 4:17:19 PM3/19/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I would send detailed description about the application and request for the necessary credentials for using Cerner Health.
I think that should do it.

Thanks,
Shriniket

Nirav Mistry

Mar 20, 2019, 6:53:20 AM3/20/19
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hello Shriniket,

Yes, that would be great. another issue i faced yesterday was, when i tried to send on  cer...@cerner.com  I got automatic reply :
Thank you for your email. This inbox is no longer valid and should not be used for any type communication. To contact support please follow the instructions on link [1] https://wiki.ucern.com/display/CernerCentral/Contacting+Cloud+Operations
and i feel that is not at all useful to me as i am not planning to use cloud for time being.

Thanks & Regards,
Nirav

Shriniket Sarkar (Cerner)

Mar 20, 2019, 10:24:15 AM3/20/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello Nirav,
                  What I meant was, for you to send that email to that email address mentioned in Sign In With Cerner Health with all the details.
If that mail box is directing you to : https://wiki.ucern.com/display/CernerCentral/Contacting+Cloud+Operations, can you follow the process on that wiki for the next steps ?

Thanks,
Shriniket

Nirav Mistry

Mar 20, 2019, 11:15:35 AM3/20/19
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shriniket,

I am not sure about the Cloud Operations yet because 1st i have to integrate cerner login on development/testing environment.
And also i did check the documentation of cloud operations but i am not clear what to do !
Why I need to register for cloud and what is the purpose of that process?
Are we suppose to host our application in cerner cloud ? and if so then what are basic starting points?

Thanks & Regards,
Nirav

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Mar 25, 2019, 11:11:40 AM3/25/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Nirav,

That is just the name of the team that helps manage this process (Cerner Health login is one of our cloud solutions). It has no requirement for you to use a cloud for your application.

Also, this group is really only aware of/experts in our SMART and FHIR solutions. You may want to direct any questions you have to the contacts called out in those documents.

Regards,
~ Jenni