Non Smart App integration with Millennium using System Account

sarav...@payoda.com

Aug 22, 2017, 2:40:54 AM8/22/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

I am trying to integrate my clinical app with cerner systems using system account (sandbox account). I have requested for system account at https://sandboxcernercentral.com and my request id is 965584ce-883a-4f5e-b606-2756cae9efc5, could any one from cerner team activate my system account, so that i can test the integration.

some other questions:

1. what is the expected timeline to rollout system access in production environment ?
2. Is there any method available to get all patients list from cerner millennium system ?
3. If I am going to integrate with multiple millenniums system (ie, multiple millennium systems), do I need to create app and system account for each millennium system.

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Aug 22, 2017, 11:25:30 AM8/22/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

  1. We currently don't have an official timeline to roll system access to production.
  2. There is currently no way to get "all patients" from our system, and this type of effort would likely get throttled/flagged when the app went through validation (usually, you only want "active" patients - not all historical data. Current server isn't built for "research" type apps)
  3. No, your app/system account can be used for all systems, though proper security and separation of data need to be in place.

Also keep in mind that using system access means all MU or HIPAA required audits and data access by users must be handled within your application. We will audit that your system received data, but breach detection and data privacy when that data is accessed by users on your system must be considered.

~ Jenni