Meeting Reminder: This Wednesday, 9 May 2012, 19:00-22:00

Ethan

May 7, 2012, 4:51:07 PM5/7/12
to central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators
The Central Ohio Reprap and MakerBot Operators User Group
is having its May meeting this Wednesday, from
19:00 to 22:00, at The Columbus Idea Foundry: 1160 Corrugated
Way, Columbus, OH 43201, near the 5th Avenue exit of I-71
(please note the change of address - it's easier to get to the
classroom through the glass-fronted door at 1160 than the metal
door that self-locks). This is the same building, but come to the
middle door.

Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month. To
get announcements and to discuss MakerBot issues of local
importance, please join our local google group at:

http://groups.google.com/group/central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators/

Hopefully we'll see a third month in a row with a strong
MendelMax showing, but all printer types are welcome. If
you would like to show off your printer or if you need any
help or advice about repairs or printing problems, please
feel welcome to bring your printer and ask.

In an exciting turn of events, The Columbus Idea Foundry
has been loaned a 3D Systems ProJet 1500. It's a liquid-
resin film printer that exposes an entire layer to UV light at
once then moves up to make the next layer. Parts "grow"
upside-down in the tank at about 12mm/hour. We are still
getting it set up, but expect to have it ready to use later this
month. In the meantime, we can talk about the technology
and how we can make best use of it. The resolution is much
finer than an FDM printer, but the feed material is about
8X-10X the cost of ABS filament (and is only available in a
limited amount of colors). It still promises to be a great
opportunity to explore other 3D printing technologies.

The monthly meetings are free and open to all with an interest
in the technology regardless of prior experience. Bring your
enthusiasm down to the Columbus Idea Foundry, and if you
know someone who wants to learn more, bring them along, too.

-ethan

HPower3

May 8, 2012, 8:15:04 PM5/8/12
to central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators
Hey guys,

Unfortunately, I have to sit this one out. I'm a bit behind schedule
for a personal project and really need the time tomorrow.

If anyone is interested in a fully assembled Reprap 3D printer, feel
free to send me a message. Also, if anyone in the central Ohio area
would like to see one in action outside of the monthly gathering, I
may be able to demo one for you.

Thanks and have a good mtg!
Michael

On May 7, 4:51 pm, Ethan <ethan.di...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Central Ohio Reprap and MakerBot Operators User Group
> is having its May meeting this Wednesday, from
> 19:00 to 22:00, at The Columbus Idea Foundry: 1160 Corrugated
> Way, Columbus, OH 43201, near the 5th Avenue exit of I-71
> (please note the change of address - it's easier to get to the
> classroom through the glass-fronted door at 1160 than the metal
> door that self-locks).  This is the same building, but come to the
> middle door.
>
> Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month.  To
> get announcements and to discuss MakerBot issues of local
> importance, please join our local google group at:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-opera...

Larry Knopp

May 8, 2012, 9:13:48 PM5/8/12
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
Gah!
I just jumped in here to post my own apologetic fade for tomorrow...

Sorry everyone.
Not just personal projects, but work, family demands, and a friend coming in unexpectedly from out-of-town...
This Wednesday is just out of the question, unfortunately.

As always, if anyone has a need, you are welcome to contact me with questions or whatever.

Larry

Jonathan Sullivan

May 9, 2012, 12:39:58 PM5/9/12
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
And I'm doing a forehead slap...

I have a surprise business dinner that I have to attend that conflicts with tonight's meeting, so I'm not going to be able to attend either. :(

No mendelmax love tonight. See you (90% sure) in June.

Jon

Ryan

May 9, 2012, 1:37:29 PM5/9/12
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
I'll be coming up this evening.  Hopefully I'll get to print a few of these:  http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-p81On_GwM_k/T6qhohZcZDI/AAAAAAAAL-4/rHdIZ_jNnD8/s1600/photo+(39).JPG

Ryan

Pete Gordon

May 9, 2012, 2:00:34 PM5/9/12
to central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-operators
Those are awesome Ryan! Reminds me of skylanders... Would love to
have a 3d printed wham shell for my son!

Hope to make it tonight to the meeting... it has been way too long.

Pete Gordon

On May 9, 1:37 pm, Ryan <rplum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll be coming up this evening.  Hopefully I'll get to print a few of
> these:  http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-p81On_GwM_k/T6qhohZcZDI/AAAAAAAAL-4/rHdIZ_j...
>
> Ryan
>

> On Monday, May 7, 2012 4:51:07 PM UTC-4, Ethan wrote:
> > The Central Ohio Reprap and MakerBot Operators User Group
> > is having its May meeting this Wednesday, from
> > 19:00 to 22:00, at The Columbus Idea Foundry: 1160 Corrugated
> > Way, Columbus, OH 43201, near the 5th Avenue exit of I-71
> > (please note the change of address - it's easier to get to the
> > classroom through the glass-fronted door at 1160 than the metal
> > door that self-locks).  This is the same building, but come to the
> > middle door.
>
> > Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month.  To
> > get announcements and to discuss MakerBot issues of local
> > importance, please join our local google group at:
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-opera...
> >http://groups.google.com/group/central-ohio-reprap-and-makerbot-opera...

Larry Knopp

May 9, 2012, 2:15:39 PM5/9/12
to central-ohio-reprap-a...@googlegroups.com
Hey Pete,

Okay, sir...

Do you (or your son) have a Wham Shell figurine?
This is a perfect excuse for me to play with 123D Catch, if you do have the figurine.

A demo here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u3_dVr7cXU

If you have the figurine, I am pretty sure I can print him up for you by using Catch...

Larry