Celtic Saints for August 3

Celtic Daily

Aug 2, 2012, 8:00:58 PM8/2/12
to celtic...@googlegroups.com
St. Mancus of Cornwall, St. Senach of Clonard, St. Trea of Ardtree
St. Mancus (Manaccus), Bishop --------------------------------- Date
unknown. Mancus is the titular patron of Lanreath church in Cornwall,
where, according to William Worcestre, his relics were venerated. His
image appears in a 16th-century window at Saint Neot's Church in
Cornwall (Farmer). St. Senach (Snach), Bishop of Clonard
--------------------------------------- 6th century. A disciple of Saint
Finnian (f.d. December 12) and his successor at Clonard (Benedictines).
St. Trea of Ardtree, Hermitess
century. After her conversion to Christianity by Saint Patrick (f.d.
March 17), Saint Trea became a recluse at Ardtree in Derry, Ireland
(Benedictines). Troparion of St Trea tone 3 Angels rejoiced in thy life
of prayer, fasting and seclusion/ for the love of Christ our Saviour, O
holy Trea./ Aware of our worldliness and lack of resolution,/ we turn to
thee, O blessed one, beseeching thee to intercede for us with Christ our
God that He will grant us great mercy

RSS Feeds available at
http://groups.google.co.nz/group/celtic-daily/feeds?hl=en