metal electronics case

Philip Dorr

May 8, 2012, 3:30:00 PM5/8/12
to CCCKC

Does anyone know where i could get a metal project case that is 7x9.5x3 inches, or slightly larger, and is power coated for a reasonable price?

Bryan Boettcher

May 8, 2012, 3:30:30 PM5/8/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
ESC ... they have lots of neat enclosures downstairs.

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Philip Dorr <phili...@c3kc.org> wrote:

Does anyone know where i could get a metal project case that is 7x9.5x3 inches, or slightly larger, and is power coated for a reasonable price?

Bob Brown - WØNQX

May 8, 2012, 3:45:47 PM5/8/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
Check with Vikki at Electronics Supply

816-931-0250

They are down stairs and to the right 2nd isle if i recall

--
Thanks in Advance

   Bob Brown, WØNQX

   Kansas City Metro Area

   http://sm0kenet.net

   http://byrg.net

   http://kcdstar.byrg.net

   http://w0nqx.blogspot.com

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Its not how many watts you have,
its the SIZE of your watts that matter! -- Johnny Marshall, W0JM-SK

--

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Philip Dorr <phili...@c3kc.org> wrote:
> Does anyone know where i could get a metal project case that is 7x9.5x3
> inches, or slightly larger, and is power coated for a reasonable price?

Hal Gottfried

May 12, 2012, 10:45:34 PM5/12/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
I guess I am late to the game ... since you have one!

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Philip Dorr <phili...@c3kc.org> wrote:

Does anyone know where i could get a metal project case that is 7x9.5x3 inches, or slightly larger, and is power coated for a reasonable price?

Sharon Mehl

May 13, 2012, 9:11:24 AM5/13/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
...and I am so jealous ... Philip it looks absolutely wonderful ... like a production model!

Sharon
--
Thanks so much!

Sharon

Philip Dorr

May 13, 2012, 2:17:47 PM5/13/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com

Here are some pictures.  The small slot is for a microSD.  I am planning to attach a 20x4 LCD and rotary encoder near the SD card slot. I still have to attach the bed to the RAMPS, get one hot end working, attach a fan, and attach the power supply to the RAMPS (waiting on Digi-Key order to arrive).  For the hot end I need to attach a ~1.5 inch heat sink, print a 3mm extruder motor mount, and wire it up.

IMG_20120513_122826.jpg
IMG_20120513_122812.jpg

Paul Leonard

May 13, 2012, 2:28:14 PM5/13/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
The printer looks darn nice sitting on top of that enclosure. Great job getting that all together.

Paul