3:15 a.m. Saturday morning

Sharon Mehl

May 18, 2012, 10:29:44 PM5/18/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
Did ya know ...  SpaceX is supposed to launch their Falcon 9 rocket with the Dragon capsule at 3:15 Saturday morning, to try to dock with the ISS?

Philip Dorr

May 18, 2012, 10:39:23 PM5/18/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
When will they attempt to dock with ISS? Will it be on NASA TV?

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 9:29 PM, Sharon Mehl <sharon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did ya know ...  SpaceX is supposed to launch their Falcon 9 rocket with the
> Dragon capsule at 3:15 Saturday morning, to try to dock with the ISS?

Sharon Mehl

May 18, 2012, 10:53:16 PM5/18/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
Scott said it is going to have a live stream on SpaceX site
--
Thanks so much!

Sharon

Andrew Beals

May 18, 2012, 10:57:48 PM5/18/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com
Docking is set for Tuesday (mission day 4) if they prove to NASA that they get the orbital mechanics down right.  It won't be a self-dock.  ISS will capture it with an arm and dock th capsule.  1200# of supplies up - don't know if they'll take trash down or not - twould be stupid not to.

Bryce D

May 19, 2012, 12:11:27 AM5/19/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com

Here's a video of the NASA Social event about this mission. 96 minutes in, they talk about reentry. As far as I'm aware, there aren't any current plans to bring anything back this time.

www.YouTube.com/watch?=jjutZLmKchs

The NASA TV schedule says there is live coverage of the launch,starting at 2:30.

Bryce D

May 19, 2012, 3:44:58 AM5/19/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com

Scratch that, they said they are goin to load some cargo to return.

Bryce D

May 19, 2012, 5:16:55 AM5/19/12
to cc...@googlegroups.com

Launch was aborted, next attempt is on Tuesday.