does CABO "jeopardize cyclists' rights"?

Jim Baross

Jan 13, 2012, 2:55:22 AM1/13/12
to cabo...@googlegroups.com, soll...@gmail.com

Some seemingly misinformed person is apparently sending negative/attack messages to associates of CABO. See below. The message seems transparently silly considering CABOs record of protecting our right to ride un-“marginalized.”

I have warned Samantha Olinger, vice chair of the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition, who uses sollinger @gmail.com as her email, that her name/email address had apparently been high-jacked.

Jan 13, 2012, 9:53:58 AM1/13/12
to jimb...@cox.net, cabo...@googlegroups.com, soll...@gmail.com
That anti-CABO meme has most recently been rather vehemently expressed by Ted Rogers (@bikinginla) of LACBC in his blog.  This note is consistent with the feelings expressed in comments Samantha posted in the CABO forum, so I wouldn't assume an account hijacking.

Scott Mace

Jan 13, 2012, 12:37:33 PM1/13/12
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Ground zero for the CABO hate is probably this Wednesday Streetsblog San Francisco post, especially in the comments:

http://sf.streetsblog.org/2012/01/11/state-assembly-undermines-bill-to-let-california-cities-build-safer-bikeways/

Scott Mace

At 06:53 AM 1/13/2012, Bob Sutterfield wrote:
That anti-CABO meme has most recently been rather vehemently expressed by Ted Rogers (@bikinginla) of LACBC in his blog.  This note is consistent with the feelings expressed in comments Samantha posted in the CABO forum, so I wouldn't assume an account hijacking.

-----

Blog: http://urbification.blogspot.com/
Subscribe: http://urbification.blogspot.com/atom.xml

John Eldon

Jan 13, 2012, 12:48:31 PM1/13/12
to cabo...@googlegroups.com, sc...@wiredmuse.com
Does anyone have a video of a right hook to post on this blog?

John E.

Michael Graff

Jan 13, 2012, 1:10:26 PM1/13/12
to j.e...@sbcglobal.net, cabo...@googlegroups.com, sc...@wiredmuse.com
Here's a video from Chicago:  http://www.treehugger.com/bikes/hurrah-chicagos-first-protected-bike-lane-video.html
I believe that's the same sidepath shown in the SF Streetsblog post.  The video shows several near-misses.

Note that there is nothing preventing NACTO-style designs, or sloppy variations of current standards, in California.  It’s already de facto practice.

Stephen Box

Jan 13, 2012, 6:58:49 PM1/13/12
to CABOforum

Michael Graff