BrailleMe, Smart Cane and "Menu Card"

Chris McMillan

Jan 23, 2017, 1:35:43 PM1/23/17
to Braillists Forum

E M Rogers

Jan 30, 2017, 8:49:12 AM1/30/17
to Braillists Forum, Keith Shaw
That article mentions the BrailleMe, a $300 Braille notetaker. More here:
https://www.techinasia.com/innovision-braille-me

Does anyone have any more information about the BrailleMe?

Cheers

Ed

| Bristol Braille Technology CIC | Tel: +447908 569 214 |

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017, Chris McMillan wrote:

> http://www.hindustantimes.com/mumbai-news/a-walking-stick-
> that-warns-about-overhead-obstacles-mumbai-start-ups-give-tech-support-to-
> differently-abled/story-AzQajwmpoHCWQeWwB0etSJ.html
>
> And along the way as the. 'Filling' wheelchairs .....

Chris McMillan

Steve Nutt

Jan 30, 2017, 9:13:05 AM1/30/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ed,

Looking at http://innovisiontech.co/ most of the links don't seem to work
yet for me. So no specs or anything like that.

All the best

Steve

Martin Courcelles

Jan 30, 2017, 9:35:37 AM1/30/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Well, looks like the low-cost electronic braille landscape is getting
more crowded. It's about time. I anticipate that my future will be
filled with a lot more glorious bumps to read.

Jackie Brown

Jan 30, 2017, 9:36:55 AM1/30/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
I'll second that, it's fab!

Does anyone know any more on an expected date for the Orbit Reader?

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Email: Jackiean...@gmail.com
Follow me on Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Jan 30, 2017, 9:39:21 AM1/30/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
I heard they're expecting some stock to come in by start of March.
Well, in my end of the world anyway. That would be Canada. hehehe
Martin
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/braillists/005a01d27b06%244ca5a4f0%24e5f0eed0%24%40gmail.com.

Dave Williams

Jan 30, 2017, 9:49:28 AM1/30/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
The APH web site says:

"Working with Orbit Research, APH is proud to announce that the “Orbit
Reader 20” will be available from APH by spring, 2017."

http://www.aph.org/orbit-reader-20/

Northern Hemisphere Spring begins on 20 March and ends on 20 June.

APH also has a What's in the Box video.

--

Dave