Brown parcel paper for Braille paper

E M Rogers

Oct 23, 2017, 12:05:02 PM10/23/17
to Braillists Forum
I've been looking for affordable Braille paper recently, what with the
stuff the RNIB sells being fine, but costing an arm, leg and kidney.

With a bit of experimentation it seems brown parcel paper works very
well, and obviously costs virtually nothing, even when you buy it
pre-cut. The Braille is a bit sharp, but doesn't break and isn't easily
compressed. Its also pretty light.

What does everyone else use?

Ed

⠠⠃⠗⠊⠌⠕⠇⠀⠠⠃⠗⠇⠀⠠⠞⠑⠡⠝⠕⠇⠕⠛⠽⠀⠠⠞⠑⠇⠀⠼⠚⠛⠊⠚⠓⠑⠋⠊⠃⠁⠙
| Bristol Braille Technology CIC | Tel: +447908 569 214 |

Laurent Cadet de Fontenay

Oct 23, 2017, 1:00:19 PM10/23/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
The propper Braille paper has the advantage of being able to withstand
years of use -- I've read Braille printed 100 years ago which is still
a pleasure to read, so for anything that needs to withstand the test
of time, I'd probably stick to the standard stuff. That said though,
much Braille is just for one-off use and used my slate and stylus to
mark items of post like council tax bills etc, which is still pretty
readable after a few years.

I'm now going to get hold of some brown parcel paper to play with!