Announcing next meeting of the Reading Braillists group!!!

Jen Bottom

Jan 30, 2017, 1:05:33 PM1/30/17
to braillists
Hi everyone.

The next meeting of the Reading Braillists will be on the 25th of Feb, from 12 until 2 PM in the Quaker Meeting House (2 Church street).

The topic is transcription 101.

We will have two speakers. One is self-employed and the other works in the VI education sector.

This should be an interesting insight in to how things were done in the past and how they are done now.

There may also be some Canute related action, but this is not certain at this oint.

Gluten-free cake will be provided!

I am out of the country currently and only have a smart phone, so I may be a little slow at replying to this thread.

Really hope to see some of you there.

Cheers,
Jen!

Sent from my iPhone

Chris McMillan

Jan 30, 2017, 1:55:40 PM1/30/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Jen.

Judith Furse

Jan 31, 2017, 10:50:36 AM1/31/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jen,

My gallant assistant, Mary, will be very pleased to hear about the
gluten-free cake!

Kind regards,
Judith
Tel: 01793 976196
Mobile: 07403 646773
Email: info.swin...@talktalk.net
Web: www.swindonbraille.co.uk

E M Rogers

Jan 31, 2017, 10:59:14 AM1/31/17
to braillists
Hi all

We are planning to have a Canute at the Reading meeting on the 25th. We're
trying to work out whether there is space for another project based on tactile
diagrams.

Regards

Ed

| Bristol Braille Technology CIC | Tel: +447908 569 214 |

calvin.cheu...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2017, 2:00:23 PM2/15/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jen,

I wonder if this is the right venue for my project based on tactile diagrams?

Thank you

--
Kind Regards

Ying Cheung

Jen Bottom

Feb 23, 2017, 5:31:30 AM2/23/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think it would be a great venue for tactile diagrams! :)

If you want to head along on Saturday then I'm sure we can fit you in
to the program :)

Feel free to contact me off-list/forum about it.

Cheers,
Jen.

On 2/15/17, calvin.cheu...@gmail.com
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/braillists/9C99AB88-9336-478C-AD8C-551AF962E003%40gmail.com.

Jen Bottom

Feb 23, 2017, 5:35:29 AM2/23/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
The details of the venue for the meeting on 25th Feb can be found here:
http://servicesguide.reading.gov.uk/kb5/reading/directory/service.page?id=cQktV193a0I

It's probably about a mile away from the station and not a super easy
root for people who don't know the area, though there are plenty of
accessible crossings etc on the way.

I don't have any specific recommendations for cab companies, but there
are plenty of taxis around the station.

If anyone needs assistance on the day then feel free to call me on:
07540620152

and I will do my best to help :)

Hope to see some of you there.

Cheers,
Jen.

Laurent Cadet de Fontenay

Feb 23, 2017, 6:08:26 AM2/23/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jen and all

I'm going to do my best to be there -- some family obligations may get
in the way, but I'm working on it! :)

I think that this meeting should be very helpful in terms of sparking
some ideas for the fledgeling London group, so I'm keen to come and
learn.

All the best
Laurent
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/braillists/CAGhbDZC7907E_NdfBzxQSbi2vi4fXYpgOXQvGLWBd2Y%3DMmCm5A%40mail.gmail.com.

Chris McMillan

Feb 23, 2017, 7:18:07 AM2/23/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, not me, poleaxed with a snuffly cold.  Best Chris

E M Rogers

Feb 24, 2017, 2:55:23 PM2/24/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

Calvin, Paul and I will be arriving in the station at 1145AM and getting a taxi
there. We may be a little late, but hopefully not. I'll be bringing a Canute
prototype.

Cheers

Laurent Cadet de Fontenay

Feb 28, 2017, 4:54:30 AM2/28/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Sorry guys, won't be able to make it after all. If anybody's taking notes or recording, I'd really appreciate a copy please.

All best,
Laurent

Sent from my iPhone