BPFK Pages: Attitudinal Modifiers

Gleki Arxokuna

Nov 28, 2014, 3:58:21 AM11/28/14
to bpfk...@googlegroups.com
.i lo rectu be ko ku se canlu le briju vau ga'i nai
Get your meat right into my office, you maggot.

According to Wiktionary "maggot" is a term of insult for a 'worthless' person, as if a bug.

Was {ga'i} meant here instead?

Gleki Arxokuna

Nov 28, 2014, 5:08:45 AM11/28/14
to bpfk...@googlegroups.com
ri'e = ... Used to express release of emotion

I think "emotion" is a wrong word here. {ri'e} can be applied not only to {ro'i}.
May be "attitude" should be better here.

Ilmen

Nov 28, 2014, 8:48:07 AM11/28/14
to bpfk...@googlegroups.com
I would interpret this sentence to mean «I humbly command you that your
flesh occupies all the office's volume/space», which sounds rather silly.

The English version of the sentence would have been better rendered as
{lo rectu be ko ga'i cu zvati lo mi briju} or {ko'oi lo rectu be do ga'i
cu zvati lo mi briju}.

mi'e la .ilmen. mu'o

Alex Burka

Nov 28, 2014, 9:37:02 AM11/28/14
to bpfk...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, looks like a mistake. It should be {ga'i}.

mu'o mi'e la durkavore