[Boston Haskell] Wednesday, November 7th from 7pm to 9pm in the MIT CSAIL Reading Room

Edward Kmett

Nov 3, 2012, 4:35:40 PM11/3/12
to BostonHaskell
The next Boston Haskell meeting will be Wednesday, November 7th from 7pm to 9pm at our usual location, the MIT CSAIL Reading Room (32-G882, which is a room on the 8th floor of the Gates Tower of the MIT's Stata Center at 32 Vassar St in Cambridge, MA).

First, Gregg Lebovitz from FP Complete offered to come down and talk to the community about what they have been building.

Second, Dan Doel is going to give a talk on "Normalization By Evaluation", which is deceptively simple but powerful technique for evaluating terms to normal form by (ab)using a round trip through their denotational semantics.

Depending on how long these talks take we may have some time left over for a couple of short ad hoc "lightning talks" about projects people are working on.

I also have a glut of extra Haskell stickers that I brought with me down to the Google Summer of Code Mentor Summit "Sticker Exchange" that I plan to bring with me.

There will be refreshments (and pizza!) provided during the break by my employer, S&P Capital IQ, and of course, if you'd like to stick around, a number of us tend to head down to the CBC afterwards to socialize.