Unable to retrieve the local scan mode.

Andrew Smith

Nov 23, 2009, 1:49:29 PM11/23/09
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
What would cause the exception "java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to retrieve the local scan mode." when using LocalDevice.getLocalDevice().getDiscoverable()?

My system is a bit complicated, there's a lot of devices running in threads, as far as I can see there shouldn't be a problem. Also this problem doesn't happen consistently, about once in every two times I run the program it gives an error.

Thanks!

Mina Shokry

Nov 23, 2009, 4:08:07 PM11/23/09
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
What is your native stack and OS?
if you are on linux, make sure your program runs with root privileges.

Andrew Smith

Nov 23, 2009, 4:41:25 PM11/23/09
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your response, my apologies for not including that, I'm using BlueZ on Linux and I am running with root privileges.

The confusing thing is this only ever happens for hci0, if I have hci0,hci1, ..., hci5 it still only ever returns this error on hci0 and not all the time. Bizzare!