realtime_links is OAuth only?

DragonFlyEye

Jan 3, 2012, 9:48:08 AM1/3/12
to bitl...@googlegroups.com
Seems like maybe the API has changed a bit since last I looked. My WordPress widget that I've been using on my site suddenly stopped updating and I couldn't figure out why until I took a closer look at the actual API.

Here's the thing: I only need to grab the my trending links, not authenticate a user and get their trending links. Is there any way to do this now, or no?

DragonFlyEye

Jan 5, 2012, 9:14:12 AM1/5/12
to bitl...@googlegroups.com
Can someone maybe help me out, here? I just want to get a list of my current trending topics?

Honestly, you guys work with the White House and do all these big things. When are you going to spend some honest time providing the rest of us with service we can use?

Jehiah Czebotar

Jan 5, 2012, 9:20:25 AM1/5/12
to bitly API
HI. I've taken a look and that endpoint doesn't appear to be oauth
only. Can you post an example call you are making? that might help us
figure out what is going on.

--
Jehiah

DragonFlyEye

Jan 5, 2012, 9:39:17 AM1/5/12
to bitl...@googlegroups.com
http://code.google.com/p/bitly-api/wiki/ApiDocumentation#/v3/user/realtime_links

That says its an OAuth2 endpoint and requires the access_token from a bitly user. I'm currently using the client library provided by Falicon:
http://github.com/Falicon/BitlyPHP

His function bitly_oauth_access_token() is where I'm getting stuck. As I read it, this is looking for the standard end-user call-and-response authentication.

DragonFlyEye

Jan 5, 2012, 11:24:52 AM1/5/12
to bitl...@googlegroups.com
Well, I just chatted with Matt from the development team. Methinks I should just go my own way with this and leave Falicon's script to be what it should be: an example, not a solution.