FreiMarkets protocol extensions

Jorge Timón

Aug 26, 2013, 1:20:38 PM8/26/13
to bitcoinX
Mark Friedenbach and I have been designing a set of extensions to
bitcoin/freicoin protocols in order to improve the support for custom
property certificates beyond what the colored coins approach can
offer.
This includes among other things:
-Improved divisibility
-Interest/demurrage bearing assets
-Open binding orders for a p2p exchange
-Transitive transactions (ripple-like transactions)
-Options (put/calls)
-Off-chain assets that can be traded securely with in-chain assets

We would love some feedback from this group, since some of the
problems are shared and already understood in the colored coins
context.

Although we understand and respect the work on the colored coins
solution as very valuable for the time beign, we believe in the future
and potential for additional applications and possible optimizations
that greatly justifies the extension of the core protocol.

http://freico.in/docs/freimarkets-v0.0.1.pdf

Comments and/or quetions welcomed.
We're also seeking funding for its implementation:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=278671.0

--
Jorge Timón

http://freico.in/