A (very) preliminary WebcoinX exchange demo

1 view

Karel Tuma

Jun 11, 2013, 3:58:28 AM6/11/13
to bitc...@googlegroups.com
Use chrome.

Alice =  go to http://bitcoinx.github.io/webcoinx/ , get some testnet coins, issue AliceCoin
Bob = ctrl+shift+n (incognito), go to http://bitcoinx.github.io/webcoinx/

1. alice sends testnet coins to Bob because shee feels generous
2. alice selects AliceCoin in drop down list and clicks p2ptrade
3. now bob wants to buy some AliceCoin on exchange - he selects AliceCoin in the dropdown and clicks p2ptrade. Then he clicks buy button which creates offer.
4. Alice can see bob's bid offer, she clicks sell to create ask offer
5. After a while orders are matched and trade happens (there is no indication other than the tx list)

There are still a lot of bugs (especially in transaction history display), but very basic p2pt functionality works now.

The gui is super ugly and will be fixed too :)

Karel Tuma

Jun 11, 2013, 4:06:06 AM6/11/13
to bitc...@googlegroups.com
Also note that there is no partial order matching, orders must match exactly (for now).

Caleb James DeLisle

Jun 11, 2013, 7:20:54 AM6/11/13
to bitc...@googlegroups.com
That's some really exciting stuff!
I can easily see the web based UI being packaged in node.js/app.js
to make a desktop application. I wish I had more free time or I'd
implement the dust avoidance rules as I described in that framework.

Thanks,
Caleb

On 06/11/2013 04:06 AM, Karel Tuma wrote:
> Also note that there is no partial order matching, orders must match exactly (for now).
>
> Dne úterý, 11. června 2013 9:58:28 UTC+2 Karel Tuma napsal(a):
>
> Use chrome.
>
> Alice = go to http://bitcoinx.github.io/webcoinx/ <http://bitcoinx.github.io/webcoinx/> , get some testnet coins, issue AliceCoin
> Bob = ctrl+shift+n (incognito), go to http://bitcoinx.github.io/webcoinx/ <http://bitcoinx.github.io/webcoinx/>
>
> 1. alice sends testnet coins to Bob because shee feels generous
> 2. alice selects AliceCoin in drop down list and clicks p2ptrade
> 3. now bob wants to buy some AliceCoin on exchange - he selects AliceCoin in the dropdown and clicks p2ptrade. Then he clicks buy button which creates offer.
> 4. Alice can see bob's bid offer, she clicks sell to create ask offer
> 5. After a while orders are matched and trade happens (there is no indication other than the tx list)
>
> There are still a lot of bugs (especially in transaction history display), but very basic p2pt functionality works now.
>
> The gui is super ugly and will be fixed too :)

Karel Tuma

Jun 11, 2013, 7:57:23 AM6/11/13
to bitc...@googlegroups.com, calebd...@lavabit.com
Or just munge it into single .html, bitaddress style :) appjs, tidesdk or some other standalone webkit is on the todo list and there will be probably small bounty for it some time later, so you'll get your chance :)