Announcing Bitcoin XT 0.11A

Mike Hearn

Aug 15, 2015, 11:26:58 AM8/15/15
to bitcoin-xt
Hi there,

I'm pleased to announce the release of Bitcoin XT 0.11A!

Download it from our new website:

I'd like to thank Anna Mendoza for her hard work on the new logo and website, thanks Anna!

XT 0.11A has the following upgrades over Core:
  • Bigger blocks
  • Double spend relaying
  • Better DoS attack defences
  • BIP 65 / getutxos support
  • DNS seed list refresh
There are reproducible downloads for Windows, Mac and Linux 32/64 bit. There is also an apt repository that contains the reproducible binaries for Linux 64 bit, so those of us running XT on Linux servers can get software updates more easily. You can get the instructions on how to configure that from the website as well.

If you would like bigger blocks without any of the other features, you should compile the only-bigblocks branch of XT git yourself. That will produce a program that identifies itself as Core but contains Gavin's patches to vote for+eventually build 8mb+ blocks.

To learn about new releases please sign up for the announcement list on the website. I will not be using the bitcoin-x...@googlegroups.com list going.

thanks!
-mike

Peter Tschipper

Aug 15, 2015, 11:40:46 AM8/15/15
to bitco...@googlegroups.com

Mike Hearn

Aug 15, 2015, 11:44:32 AM8/15/15
to bitcoin-xt
Yes it did, and it should be fixed now. Sorry about that. I can download OK in my Windows VM. It's hosted on the Amazon CDN though so there may be caching delays. See if it works for you now.

Peter Tschipper

Aug 15, 2015, 11:50:40 AM8/15/15
to bitco...@googlegroups.com
it works...

On 15/08/2015 8:44 AM, Mike Hearn wrote:
Yes it did, and it should be fixed now. Sorry about that. I can download OK in my Windows VM. It's hosted on the Amazon CDN though so there may be caching delays. See if it works for you now.

Adrian Macneil

Aug 15, 2015, 3:21:59 PM8/15/15
to bitcoin-xt
For some reason, when trying to install this on Ubuntu 14.04, following instructions on the website, I got the following error:

$ apt-get update
W: Failed to fetch http://bitcoinxt.software.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/apt/dists/wheezy/InRelease  Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-i386/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

Fixed it by using this command instead for the repository (to explicitly request amd64 architecture):

$ echo 'deb [ arch=amd64 ] http://bitcoinxt.software.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/apt wheezy main' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/bitcoinxt.list

Not sure if this is an issue that you can fix with the repository, but if not it might help to update the website instructions. Or otherwise, hopefully this helps someone else.

Adrian

Mike Hearn

Aug 15, 2015, 3:24:06 PM8/15/15
to bitcoin-xt
Ah, thanks.

Yes I only uploaded an amd64 deb. If there's still enough people who care about 32 bit then I can go ahead and make a second deb as well.

Your suggested fix looks good. I'll try it out then put it on the website.