Forking Bitcoin XT for other cryptocurrencies?

Blaze Marshall

Nov 23, 2017, 11:43:41 AM11/23/17
to bitcoin-xt
Hello,

I'm interested in forking Bitcoin XT to use as a wallet for an altcoin I'm part of. It uses Scrypt as its algorithm, and the current wallet code can be found at http://www.github.com/nyancoins/nyancoin-client/. The other members of its community have expressed interest in wanting to contribute to the greater cryptocurrency community by working on finding bugs they can fix and contribute the fixes upstream. Can I please get some advice on how to switch XT's algorithm to Scrypt? I believe I can figure out the other changes it would take to get it set up for NyanCoin on my own. Changing the algorithm is my main confusion at the moment.

Tom Harding

Nov 24, 2017, 7:14:30 PM11/24/17
to bitco...@googlegroups.com
Blaze --

My advice would be to cherry-pick the commits that Litecoin did to
convert to scrypt way back when it forked from bitcoin core, and then
compare to the current Litecoin PoW code and follow up on other changes
you see in the history.