Macro needed for backing up files

Gregory Galla

Aug 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/15/95
hello everyone..

I was curious if anyone had a macro laying around they could post/send
me that would allow me to save a document I am working on to my hard
drive and also make a copy of the file and save it to a floppy disk --
for back up reasons only. Thanks in advance.. one of these days I
will take the time to learn how to make such a simple macro.. '

Take care, Greg

"I am always doing what I can not do, in order that I
may learn how to do it." Pablo Picasso

Diane Noel Lee

Aug 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/15/95
ditto for me.
Diane Lee/Austin, Texas

Gregory Galla

Aug 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/15/95
The version of Word Perfect I am using is 6.1

Thanks, Greg

Sanford M. Miller

Aug 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/15/95
On Tue, 15 Aug 1995, Diane Noel Lee wrote:

> ditto for me.
> Diane Lee/Austin, Texas
>
> On Tue, 15 Aug 1995, Gregory Galla wrote:
>
> > hello everyone..
> >
> > I was curious if anyone had a macro laying around they could post/send
> > me that would allow me to save a document I am working on to my hard
> > drive and also make a copy of the file and save it to a floppy disk --
> > for back up reasons only. Thanks in advance.. one of these days I
> > will take the time to learn how to make such a simple macro.. '
> >

> > Take care, Greg

> > "I am always doing what I can not do, in order that I
> > may learn how to do it." Pablo Picasso

This is one I got from someone to whom I'm eternally grateful.
Unfortunately, I don't have the original message, because it got lost
when NYU changed internet servers. This is for 6.0, and it's as I have it
in my files. You'll have to change it appropriately if you have 6.1 or
are saving to a drive other than b:.

Aug 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/16/95
> hello everyone..
>
> I was curious if anyone had a macro laying around they could
post/send
> me that would allow me to save a document I am working on to my hard
> drive and also make a copy of the file and save it to a floppy disk
--
> for back up reasons only. Thanks in advance.. one of these days I
> will take the time to learn how to make such a simple macro.. '
>
> Take care, Greg
>
> "I am always doing what I can not do, in order that I
> may learn how to do it." Pablo Picasso

Greg,

I routinely back up to A:, B: and F: (the latter a SUBST drive on C:,
but you can easily modify it, as you will see):

Application (A1; "WordPerfect"; Default; "US")

temp=3D?name
filesave ("a:"+temp;4)
filesave ("b:"+temp;4)
filesave ("f:"+temp;4)

No, I don't wear suspenders and a belt, but having been burned more
than once does wonders for one's sense of insecurity.

Be well,

Shmuel Himelstein
22 Shear Yashuv Street, Jerusalem, Israel
Phone: 972-2-864712; Fax: 972-2-862041
himel...@jer1.co.il (JerOne, not Jer-L)