VTAM TRACE PRINT

Cristina Reyes

May 6, 2002, 7:03:38 PM5/6/02
Can someone help me please, to have the JCL to print the VTAM trace?

Thanks in advance,

Cristina.

send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

Patrick O'Keefe

May 6, 2002, 7:23:05 PM5/6/02
On Mon, 6 May 2002 17:49:14 -0500, Cristina Reyes <cre...@AVVILLAS.COM.CO>
wrote:

>Can someone help me please, to have the JCL to print the VTAM trace?

You didn't give enough information to answer the question.
VTAM Internal trace?
VTAM buffer trace or I/O trace?
NCP line trace or GPT?

For VIT, your best bet is something like

//ANALYZE EXEC PGM=ISTRAFT1,REGION=64M
//STEPLIB DD DSN=SYS1.SISTDBUG,DISP=SHR
//TRACE DD DISP=SHR,DSN=gtf.trace.dataset
//SUMMARY DD SYSOUT=*,DCB=(RECFM=V,LRECL=84)
//DETAILS DD SYSOUT=*,DCB=(RECFM=V,LRECL=84)
//LOG DD SYSOUT=*,DCB=(RECFM=V,LRECL=124)
//OUTSTAN DD SYSOUT=*,DCB=(RECFM=V,LRECL=124)
//VITEXT DD SYSOUT=*,DCB=(RECFM=V,LRECL=124)
//PARM DD *
VITEXT API
NOWRAP NOFORMAT

For all the other traces your best bet is ACFTAP if you've got SSP.
We just got rid of SSP, but I can probably dig up some JCL if you need it.

An alternative is to run IPCS either interactively or in a batch TSO job.
The JCL varies from shop to shop.

If you think a trace formatting routine should be supplied by VTAM, you
could mention it to IBM. You wouldn't be the first.

Pat O'Keefe

Edward J. Finnell, III , Ed

May 6, 2002, 8:01:03 PM5/6/02
It's been moved to IPCS mostly. Last one I did was RNIO trace for some dumb printer. For
other options check out IPCS reference for gtftrace verb.

//Jobcard
//TSO PGM=IJKEFT01,REGION=8M
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSPROC DD DSN=SYS1.SBLSCLI0,DISP=SHR
//TRACE DD DISP=SHR,DSN=trace_input_dan
//IPCSDDIR DD DISP=SHR,DSN=userid.IPCS.DUMPDIR
//SYSUDUMP DD DUMMY
//IPCSPRNT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSTSIN DD *
profile msgid
ipcs
setdef print noconfirm
gtftrace dd(trace) RNIO USR(ALL) JOBN(PRODCICS)
end
Edward(Ed) J. Finnell, III
Editorially Censored,mgr.
www.ua.edu or bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

Cristina Reyes

May 7, 2002, 1:31:15 PM5/7/02
Patrick,

Thank you for your answer. I really have now a VTAM buffer and I/O trace.

Cristina.

Thank you for your answer. I need to print a buffer and I/O trace.

Cristina.

Edward J. Finnell, III

May 7, 2002, 4:06:14 PM5/7/02
These are the GTFTRACE sub commands:
¦
¦ [ CCW[(record-type)] ] ¦
¦ [ DSP ] ¦
¦ [ EXT ] ¦
¦ ¦
¦ [ IO[(device-number-list)] ] ¦
¦ [ SSCH[(device-number-list)] ] ¦
¦ [ IOSSCH|SSCHIO[(device-number-list)] ] ¦
¦ ¦
¦ [ PI[(codelist)] ] ¦
¦ [ RNIO ] ¦
¦ [ RR ] ¦
¦ [ SLIP ] ¦
¦ [ SRM ] ¦
¦ [ SVC[(svclist) ] ] ¦
¦ [ SYS ] ¦
¦ ¦
¦ [ USR {(symbol-list) } ] ¦
¦ [ {(idvalue-list) } ] ¦
¦ [ {(idrange-list) } ] ¦
¦ [ {(ALL) } ] ¦
¦
<============================================================>

These are valid values for USR

USR ({symbol-list | idvalue-list | idrange-list | ALL})
Requests formatting of user/subsystem trace records created by the
GTRACE macro.

symbol-list or idvalue-list denote trace records belonging to one
component or subsystem. GTRACE data consists of user event trace
records and/or IBM subsystem event records from these subsystems:

OPEN/CLOSE/EOV
SAM/PAM/DAM
VTAM
VSAM

symbol-list contains 1 through 20 symbols, with multiple symbols
separated by commas. When id values are assigned to a subsystem, the
component defines the symbol that is used. The following table shows
valid symbols and their corresponding ids and subsystems:

Symbol ID Subsystem
AM01 FF5 VSAM
APTH FE2 TSO/VTAM TGET/TPUT trace
APTR FE3 VTAM reserved
CL01 FF1 VTAM buffer contents trace (USER)
CL02 FF0 VTAM SMS (buffer use) trace
DB2V F5F DB2/VSAM transparency
DMA1 FFF OPEN/CLOSE/EOV
FSI4 F54 FSI trace
FSI5 F55 FSI trace
FSI6 F56 FSI trace
FSI7 F57 FSI trace
FSI8 F58 FSI trace
FSI9 F59 FSI trace
FSIA F5A FSI trace
FSIB F5B FSI trace
FSIC F5C FSI trace
FSID F5D FSI trace
INT1 FE1 VTAM internal table
OSIC F53 OSI Communication Subsystem
SPD1 FF3 SAM/PAM/DAM
SPD2 FF4 SAM/PAM/DAM
SPD3 FF6 SAM/PAM/DAM
SPD4 FF7 SAM/PAM/DAM
SPD5 FF8 SAM/PAM/DAM
SPD6 FF9 SAM/PAM/DAM
SPD7 FFA SAM/PAM/DAM
SPD8 FFB SAM/PAM/DAM
SPD9 FFC SAM/PAM/DAM
SPDA FFD SAM/PAM/DAM
SPDB FFE SAM/PAM/DAM
TCA0 FA0 TCAM
TCA1 FA1 TCAM
TCA2 FA2 TCAM
TCA3 FA3 TCAM
TCA4 FA4 TCAM
TCA5 FA5 TCAM
TCA6 FA6 TCAM
TCA7 FA7 TCAM
TCA8 FA8 TCAM
TCA9 FA9 TCAM
TPIO FEF VTAM buffer contents trace

idvalue-list contains 1 through 20 values, which are 3-digit hexadecimal
identifiers assigned to a subsystem. If more than one value is
specified, separate them with commas. The following table shows valid
identifiers and their corresponding subsystems:

ID Issued by
000-3FF GTF user program
400-5F0 Reserved for IBM Use
5F1 PVM
5F2-5F3 Reserved for IBM Use
5F4-5F5 NetView System Monitor
5F6-F47 Reserved for IBM Use
F48 IOS
F49 BDT
F4F OSAM
F50-F52 Reserved for IBM Use
F53 OSI Communications Subsystem
F54-F5D FSI
F5E Reserved for IBM Use
F5F DB2
F60 JES3
F61 VSAM Buffer Manager
F62 Dynamic output SVC installation exit
F63 Converter/Interpreter installation exit
F64 APPC/VM VTAM Support (AVS)
F66-F6A VTAM
F6C CICS
FA0-FA9 TCAM