[Update Center] Workaround to use BioUno Update Center

Bruno P. Kinoshita

Apr 11, 2015, 4:32:15 AM4/11/15
to biouno-d...@googlegroups.com, biouno...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

TL;DR: the guide to use our update center has been updated with a work around -> http://biouno.org/jenkins-update-site.html Rationale below.

After investigating the issue in our update center, it is confirmed that newer versions of Jenkins are - and correctly I believe - validating the certificate of third party update centers.

The problem is that when you install an Update Center, using the UpdateSites Manager Plug-in, you provide the certificate signature, but the file itself it never entered in Jenkins. Our certificate has always been available from http://biouno.org/jenkins-update-center/biouno-update-center.crt, but it has never been downloaded by users, as it wasn't required.

In the future I plan to file an issue and work on a more automated solution - perhaps asking the user for a certificate, or using a pre-defined certificate URL for update centers.

In the meantime, please use the work around described at http://biouno.org/jenkins-update-site.html and let us know if you have any problem.

All the best,
Bruno

Ioannis Moutsatsos

Apr 13, 2015, 9:21:00 AM4/13/15
to biouno...@googlegroups.com, biouno-d...@googlegroups.com, brunod...@yahoo.com.br
Thanks Bruno! This workaround is quite useful and not so hard to implement!

Ioannis Moutsatsos

Apr 14, 2015, 5:19:34 PM4/14/15
to biouno-d...@googlegroups.com, biouno...@googlegroups.com, brunod...@yahoo.com.br
Hi Bruno;

Although the  download link for the certificate you are providing here works, the link from the http://biouno.org/jenkins-update-site.html does not.
Link seems to have the biouno.org prefix twice. It would be nice to fix that. Thanks!

Best regards
Ioannis

Bruno P. Kinoshita

Apr 14, 2015, 5:59:17 PM4/14/15