viewing gene expression

Marc Nasoff (Ext)

Jul 12, 2012, 1:45:04 PM7/12/12
to bio...@googlegroups.com

In the Gene Expression/Activity Chart pluggin, I do not see anything. All of the other plugins appear to be working, ie Gene Wiki etc. How do I view the expression profile?----Marc

Marc Nasoff
Tel (858)-812-1601
mna...@gnf.org

Andrew Su

Jul 12, 2012, 1:53:36 PM7/12/12
to bio...@googlegroups.com, mna...@gnf.org
Hi Marc,

First suggestion -- can you browse to this page
(http://plugins.biogps.org/data_chart/data_chart.cgi?id=1017) then hit
the browser's reload button while holding down the shift key? We
recently made a few changes, and this step will force your browser to
update those changes. After this, go back to BioGPS and search for
your favorite gene.

If that doesn't fix things, can you tell us if you are you having
issues for all genes, or just one or a few genes? If the latter, can
you email us what genes you are looking at (sending that to me
directly is fine if you want to keep the identity private). Also,
what browser are you using?

Thanks for helping us debug...

Cheers,
-andrew

John Walker

Jul 13, 2012, 11:15:48 AM7/13/12
to bio...@googlegroups.com

Same with me when I’m not logged in.  However, I do get the image when I am logged in.  Same gene, using Internet Explorer.  Not a problem with Firefox

Andrew Su

Jul 13, 2012, 11:35:50 AM7/13/12
to bio...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

After iterating a bit with Marc offline yesterday, we did narrow this
error down to IE8. We're working hard on a fix and will post a note
here when it's released. As John mentions, Firefox (as well as Chrome
and IE9) all work as expected.

More soon...

Cheers,
-andrew

Ian MacLeod

Jul 18, 2012, 1:53:41 AM7/18/12
to bio...@googlegroups.com
I've updated BioGPS with code that restores the gene expression chart functionality in IE8. Users are strongly encouraged to upgrade to the latest version of their browser as well.

Thanks,
Ian