I Need Help

STANLEY DAVID

Jun 25, 2017, 2:35:41 AM6/25/17
to bigbluebutton-users
I am very new to this BBB plugin but so far i am loving it. But right now i have two burning issues:
The first issue is i am looking for how to create a template/theme to compile on my BBB server.
The second issue is that i used one template (Wood Theme) that i found online and even though it installed well on my server, when i launch the session from my Moodle admin dashboard, all the icon texts are invisible and can only be seen when the mouse pointer is hovered above it. Any help on how i can go about with this? I will really be grateful.

STANLEY DAVID

Jun 25, 2017, 3:39:49 AM6/25/17
to bigbluebutton-users
For further clarification, i am using the latest version of BBB and have successfully installed it on my Ubuntu server. Please i need anyone that can help me with the steps to create a new theme/template or how to fix this tiny error i am facing with this Wood theme on my BBB.

Fred Dixon

Jun 26, 2017, 9:13:01 AM6/26/17
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Stanley,

Are you a developer?  With some development skills, you can create a skin for BigBlueButton.  See

If you are not a developer, we recommend sticking with the default skin.  It will make it easier for you to upgrade as newer versions of BigBlueButton come out.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

STANLEY DAVID

Fred Dixon

Jun 26, 2017, 11:06:42 AM6/26/17
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Stanley,

> I already tried the free wood theme and i love it,

Were did you get this theme?  Not sure if this is a theme for WordPress or BigBlueButton.

Regards,... Fred

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 11:04 AM, STANLEY DAVID <seann...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

STANLEY DAVID

Jun 26, 2017, 11:09:59 AM6/26/17
to bigbluebutton-users
It is a theme for BBB. Here is the link to it:
https://github.com/hilltopmediadesign/bigbluebutton-themes

Should i send screenshots of the only issue that i am having?

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 4:06:42 PM UTC+1, Fred Dixon wrote:
Hi Stanley,

> I already tried the free wood theme and i love it,

Were did you get this theme?  Not sure if this is a theme for WordPress or BigBlueButton.

Regards,... Fred

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 11:04 AM, STANLEY DAVID <seann...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for your reply Fred. Sure am a developer but due to so many factors, i can't be able to create a custom skin right now but i might try tho. But do you by any chance know of anyone who can be able to create a skin/template for me? I already tried the free wood theme and i love it, i just wished there is any way for me to fix the single issue that i am having which is the icons being blank with no texts or symbols and i think any good BBB developer might be able to help meorpointme in the right direction. I can supply screenshots if you want

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 2:13:01 PM UTC+1, Fred Dixon wrote:
Hi Stanley,

Are you a developer?  With some development skills, you can create a skin for BigBlueButton.  See

If you are not a developer, we recommend sticking with the default skin.  It will make it easier for you to upgrade as newer versions of BigBlueButton come out.

Regards,... Fred

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 3:39 AM, STANLEY DAVID <seann...@gmail.com> wrote:
For further clarification, i am using the latest version of BBB and have successfully installed it on my Ubuntu server. Please i need anyone that can help me with the steps to create a new theme/template or how to fix this tiny error i am facing with this Wood theme on my BBB.

On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 7:35:41 AM UTC+1, STANLEY DAVID wrote:
I am very new to this BBB plugin but so far i am loving it. But right now i have two burning issues:
The first issue is i am looking for how to create a template/theme to compile on my BBB server.
The second issue is that i used one template (Wood Theme) that i found online and even though it installed well on my server, when i launch the session from my Moodle admin dashboard, all the icon texts are invisible and can only be seen when the mouse pointer is hovered above it. Any help on how i can go about with this? I will really be grateful.

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

STANLEY DAVID

Jun 26, 2017, 11:15:24 AM6/26/17
to bigbluebutton-users
Also here is another link to another BBB theme:https://github.com/TYPO3-infrastructure/bigbluebutton-theme ,although i haven't tested it yet because i was hoping that someone would be able to help mefix the currrent issue that i am having

Chad Pilkey

Jun 26, 2017, 1:02:59 PM6/26/17
to bigbluebutton-users
The reason the themes that you found don't work is because they are from 2012 and 2011 respectively. Many parts of the UI have changed since those last commits. You'd have to take the the changes that were made in those 3rd-party repositories and try to merge them into the default theme so you have the images for the buttons.

STANLEY DAVID

Jun 26, 2017, 1:18:43 PM6/26/17
to bigbluebutton-users
Well, I have only tried one of them, I haven't tried the last one yet. And thanks for the suggestions, but since I am very new to BBB in particular, I don't think I can be able to do that. Can you be able to help or guide me using Wood Theme as references? I would really like that and I believe there may be some other users here who would also be interested in that too, I only wanna change the theme, nothing more.

Chad Pilkey

Jun 26, 2017, 4:11:16 PM6/26/17
to bigbluebutton-users
There's really nothing to guide. The whole theme file for that wood theme is here, https://github.com/hilltopmediadesign/bigbluebutton-themes/blob/master/src/wood/branding/css/Wood.css. Just take those and add them to the default default BBB theme and build as per Fred's link to the branding documentation page. If the classes from the 3rd party file already exist in the official file then replace them instead of just adding. The default client CSS is here, https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/blob/bbb-1.1-dev/bigbluebutton-client/branding/default/style/css/BBBDefault.css