Audible chat notification

Aisha Zaka

Sep 23, 2016, 1:25:22 AM9/23/16
to bigbluebutton-users
Hi,
While using bigbluebutton I am having audible chat notifications. I have tried to mute it (under the option tab). However, does not work this way. please help.

Regards,

Aisha

Chad Pilkey

Sep 23, 2016, 12:26:29 PM9/23/16
to bigbluebutton-users
The audible chat notifications turn on when Flash reports that there is accessible software or hardware on your machine. If you're using a computer with a touch screen it will report as an accessible device and cause the noises to trigger. To turn it off you can uncheck the box in the Options tab in the chat window. If it's not working on your copy on BBB could you try our demo server (https://demo.bigbluebutton.org) and see if it works there.

Fred Dixon

Sep 23, 2016, 12:32:23 PM9/23/16
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Aisha,

Which version of BigBlueButton are you using? Can you try

and let us know if your able to enable/disable the audible chat notifications.

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton