BBB How to questions

Marc Matthes

Jul 18, 2014, 12:03:09 PM7/18/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to or the ability to start and stop the recording or pause the recording?

And is there a way to setup a boundary time that the instructor can get in before the meeting starts to get things setup before the students would enter and then start the recording?

Fred Dixon

Jul 19, 2014, 7:49:03 AM7/19/14
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Marc,

> Is there a way to or the ability to start and stop the recording or pause the recording?

Check out what's coming in the next release.  See

Specifically, the ability to start/stop recording of a session by the moderator.

Regards,... Fred

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Marc Matthes <matth...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a way to or the ability to start and stop the recording or pause the recording?

And is there a way to setup a boundary time that the instructor can get in before the meeting starts to get things setup before the students would enter and then start the recording?

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

Nicholas Ourusoff

Aug 28, 2016, 12:34:04 PM8/28/16
to bigbluebutton-users
Hello, Fred -

In the Wiki link you provided, I did not find an answer to the question, "How can I pause a recording?" (The Wiki link transeferred to BigBlueButton.org)
I believe I inadvertently sdaw "pause" during a recording.

Could you please clarify - is pause implemented?  If so, how do I pause a recording and resume it?

Thanks,
Nick

On Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 7:49:03 AM UTC-4, Fred Dixon wrote:
Hi Marc,

> Is there a way to or the ability to start and stop the recording or pause the recording?

Check out what's coming in the next release.  See

Specifically, the ability to start/stop recording of a session by the moderator.

Regards,... Fred

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Marc Matthes <matth...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a way to or the ability to start and stop the recording or pause the recording?

And is there a way to setup a boundary time that the instructor can get in before the meeting starts to get things setup before the students would enter and then start the recording?

Fred Dixon

Aug 28, 2016, 2:37:01 PM8/28/16
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Nicholas,

We implemented start/stop recording as part of 0.9, see

If you install 1.0, you'll have this capability.

Regards,.... Frd

On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Nicholas Ourusoff <nour...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, Fred -

In the Wiki link you provided, I did not find an answer to the question, "How can I pause a recording?" (The Wiki link transeferred to BigBlueButton.org)
I believe I inadvertently sdaw "pause" during a recording.

Could you please clarify - is pause implemented?  If so, how do I pause a recording and resume it?

Thanks,
Nick

On Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 7:49:03 AM UTC-4, Fred Dixon wrote:
Hi Marc,

> Is there a way to or the ability to start and stop the recording or pause the recording?

Check out what's coming in the next release.  See

Specifically, the ability to start/stop recording of a session by the moderator.

Regards,... Fred

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Marc Matthes <matth...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a way to or the ability to start and stop the recording or pause the recording?

And is there a way to setup a boundary time that the instructor can get in before the meeting starts to get things setup before the students would enter and then start the recording?

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Nocholas Ourusoff

Aug 28, 2016, 8:29:56 PM8/28/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks...so, there is no PAUSE, instead you cam start / stop multiple times until you stop and log out - am I understanding correctly?

Aug 28, 2016, 10:40:31 PM8/28/16
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Nocholas,

Once you Start recording by clicking the Start/Stop Record button, subsequent clicks of the Start/Stop Record button acts as a pause button.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Nicholas Ourusoff