How to remove recordings completly from server?

tofael Hossain

Feb 8, 2016, 6:20:51 AM2/8/16
to bigbluebutton-users

I wonder after calling deleteRecordings api i got in return : -

Array ( [returncode] => SimpleXMLElement Object ( [0] => SUCCESS ) [deleted] => SimpleXMLElement Object ( [0] => true ) )

But this recording is playable with getRecordings api call.
how to delete this completely from server with api call so that it could not be return by getRecordings api calling.
Thanks is advance...

Fred Dixon

Feb 8, 2016, 11:14:59 PM2/8/16
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Tofael,

> But this recording is playable with getRecordings api call.

The recording should be inaccessible after the deleteRecordings API call.  Can you tell us more about how your are deleting the recording and whether your BigBlueButton server is a stock installation or modified in any way.

Also, can you install the API examples on your server and use demo10.jsp to test adding and deleting a recording.  Is the recording still visible after creating and deleting a recording using this API example?

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

tofael Hossain

Feb 10, 2016, 7:43:10 AM2/10/16
to bigbluebutton-users

Thanks Fred for your response

I have tried for deleting this example https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/blob/master/labs/bbb-api-php/examples/deleteRecordings.php .

And other api calls are executable in this examples.

Fred Dixon

Feb 10, 2016, 8:21:27 AM2/10/16
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Tofael,

Ahh, that API is old and may not be working correctly (and we will remove it).  We've updated it with a newer API, see

Try the above API and let us know if this enabled you to delete recordings.

In the future, please post programming/development related questions to bigbluebutton-dev, see

Regards,.. Fred

tofael Hossain

Feb 22, 2016, 11:10:34 PM2/22/16
to bigbluebutton-users

     Ohh god, i'm sorry fred, the previous one worked, it's my fault using external meeingId instead of internal recordId... Again thanks for your response... :)