Fwd: [bigbluebutton-users] BBB kicks me after 5 mins

stephen hinds

Oct 17, 2014, 10:44:32 AM10/17/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com

Hi Again Fred!

Could you recommend an 'idiot’s guide’ to recording and playing back on 081?

Many thanks in advance!

Stephen

Stephen Hinds
Operations Director

Mobile 0049 15111 647606

Follow us on Twitter:            https://twitter.com/BusinesIntelect
Like us on Facebook:           www.facebook.com/FairPayForTeachers

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone.  Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.

On 16 Oct 2014, at 22:03, Fred Dixon <ffd...@gmail.com> wrote:

Good to hear!

Regards,... Fred

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 2:28 PM, stephen hinds <stefh...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Fred

Just to let you know, I solved my problem by using my other router.

I don’t know why, but my original router was disrupting my BBB session for some reason.

I have been on most of the day today, with not one single problem! :-)

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Kind regards

Stephen

<PastedGraphic-4.tiff>

Stephen Hinds
Operations Director

Mobile 0049 15111 647606

<BI-Logo-1-sm.jpg>

Follow us on Twitter:            https://twitter.com/BusinesIntelect
Like us on Facebook:           www.facebook.com/FairPayForTeachers

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone.  Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.

On 15 Oct 2014, at 20:20, stephen hinds <stefh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Fred

Thank you again for your excellent support!

I will pass your advice to my colleagues.

Kind regards

Stef

On 15 Oct 2014, at 20:17, Fred Dixon <ffd...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Stephen,

Enjoyed chatting with you directly.  I wasn't able to tell if the problem was related to your BigBlueButton server (it was running an older version of 0.81) or your network/client.

When we tested your client with demo.bigbluebutton.org, the client was not getting disconnected (which suggested it might be your 0.81 server).

My recommendation would be to setup a new server with 0.9.0-beta.  Have whomever is setting up your server to make sure they meet the minimum requirements for the system.

Regards,... Fred

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 1:53 PM, stephen hinds <stefh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Fred

Thanks for your ‘Amazingly’ quick response!!

I am on the latest flash - thanks

I am on an ethernet cable 1m from router

When I log in, bottom right, flashes your two icons for less than a second then goes to the normal Default option and Lock Unlock.  No tunnelling

Is that any use to you?

Thanks again

Stef

On 15 Oct 2014, at 19:46, Fred Dixon <ffd...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Stef,

Now trying to use 0.81 on same Mac for same purpose and I am constantly getting logged/kicked out after a few minutes.

It's usually a momentary drop in the network that is causing the disconnect?  Are you on a wireless network?

Also, when you connect do you see the words

  [ Tunnelling ]

in the lower right-hand corner?  If so, there is a firewall that is preventing a direct connection and your client has to work much harder to 'tunnel' through port 80.  Recommend in this case to switch to a different location with a different network.

> Tried on Safari and Firefox. Both similar.  Bizarrely, in Safari, if I use my keyboard volume controls, it immediately gives me 'plug-in failure'

This bug is caused by Flash and was fixed yesterday in the latest update to Flash.  Visit

and do the Flash version check and make sure your running the latest version.

Regards,.. Fred

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 1:42 PM, <stefh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi
I am relatively new to BBB.  I started using 0.80 and had no problem.

Now trying to use 0.81 on same Mac for same purpose and I am constantly getting logged/kicked out after a few minutes.

Tried on Safari and Firefox. Both similar.  Bizarrely, in Safari, if I use my keyboard volume controls, it immediately gives me 'plug-in failure'

Spoke to the Apple guys, ran App Cleaner, removed all previous versions of Flash Player and installed latest version. Still the same

My Broadband is 15 down 1 up - Hard wired to router

BTW.  I have tried all of the above on my wife's macbook air, and it produced the same symptoms.

On Friday, I am supposed to be teaching some students how to use BBB in our course.  Please Help!

Thanks in advance!

Stef

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

Fred Dixon

Oct 17, 2014, 12:26:23 PM10/17/14
to BigBlueButton-users
> Could you recommend an 'idiot’s guide’ to recording and playing back on 081?

There is no such guide.  How users create and access recordings depends on what front-end you are using with BigBlueButton.

Regards,... fred