Audio compression

Roberto Greiner

Oct 21, 2016, 9:19:25 AM10/21/16
to bigbluebutton-users
Hi,

we are starting to use BBB, still in experimental level. One thing I noticed is that when a meeting is recorded, the audio part takes a lot of disk, sometimes up to 10 times the space used for video. Is there any possibility to set BBB to use some compression capable format? I understand from https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/bigbluebutton-dev/ba5fKi57fo8 that MP3 is not an option. But there are free, compressible format available, like Ogg Vorbis. Is it possible to set BBB to use something like that?

Thanks,

Roberto

Fred Dixon

Nov 10, 2016, 7:20:21 AM11/10/16
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Roberto,

This thread may help

Regards,... Fred

P.S. You had already posted this to bigbluebutton-dev, in the future please don't cross-post.

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton