set username for dial in calls

Erik Dittert

Nov 24, 2014, 1:31:04 PM11/24/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
hi,

i added my sip trunk to the bbb freeswitch and i can dial in to my confs but in the list i see my mobil number... how can i set a real name for dial in users?

i read something about

<action application="set" data="caller_id_name=Joseph"/>

but is not working :(

would be great to have a switch case solution like:

CASE $ani
WHEN "1124" then name ="John"
WHEN "0815" then name ="Maria"

etc...

is the possible?

Thx!

Erik

Erik Dittert

Nov 25, 2014, 10:45:11 AM11/25/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
has no one a idea? is it not possible?

HostBBB.com

Nov 25, 2014, 11:50:04 AM11/25/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Erik, this is possible,  you can write a custom dialplan in freeswitch that looks at an channel variable, and sets the caller id number and name based on nested if "conditions"

The freeswitch wiki, and forum is a great place to find some examples, looks like you have started searching it.

There are 3 or 4 different variables that relate the caller id name and number and they differ depending on whether the call is inbound/outbound or bridging out from a conference. So that's why this is probably not working for you.

Also the change requires a reloadxml from fs_cli or a restart to take effect.

When you do change the DID to a name, you still will have 2 entries in the user window for that person.

A more advanced approach is to prompt the user for a pin, and automatically map the DID to the exisiting username based on this pin.   There are a few commercial companies that have implemented something like this and you can find them on bigbluebutton.org support page

regards,

Erik Dittert

Nov 25, 2014, 12:02:18 PM11/25/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
i searched for hours all forumes etc and i tried many things but nothing was working, i tried all this:

<action application="set" data="user_name=Bob Smith"/>
<action application="set" data="caller_id_name=Bob Smith"/>
<action application="set" data="effective_callee_id_name=Bob Smith"/>
 nothing is working