Browse button doesnt work

Martin Regan

Sep 5, 2014, 3:13:50 AM9/5/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
when trying to upload a presentation I get to the browse button and upload buttons.  however when I press the browse button nothing happens.

Any ideas anyone??

Chad Pilkey

Sep 5, 2014, 1:24:26 PM9/5/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
We're going to need more information first
  • What operating system are you using?
  • What browser and browser version?
  • What BBB version are you testing with?

Can you also try uploading on demo.bigbluebutton.org and let us know if that works.

Fred Dixon

Sep 5, 2014, 2:55:47 PM9/5/14
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Martin,

Are you on a Mac?  Could you use QuickTime to do a quick screen recording (or an equivalent tool on Windows) and post?

I think it would be easier for us to understand if we could see what your encountering.

Regards,.. Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

Martin Regan

Sep 9, 2014, 10:50:42 AM9/9/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com

Fred

See attached image - I can now select the file and click the upload button but then nothing happens - it is the latest version and only since upgrading has this happened

(I can select a file to upload in the presentation area but then nothing happens)

Martin

On Friday, September 5, 2014 3:13:50 AM UTC-4, Martin Regan wrote:
when trying to upload a presentation I get to the browse button and upload buttons.  however when I press the browse button nothing happens.

Any ideas anyone??

Fred Dixon

Sep 9, 2014, 2:56:52 PM9/9/14
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Martin,

We'd like to track this down.  Are you able to replicate the problem on

Regards,... Fred

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/bigbluebutton-users.

Martin Regan

Sep 15, 2014, 9:09:23 AM9/15/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Fred - sorry for the delay but cant seem to connect to the server - maybe there are connectivity issues. I'll try again later or during the week and get back to you!!

Martin
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bigbluebutton-users+unsubscribe...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/bigbluebutton-users.

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

Fred Dixon

Sep 15, 2014, 9:48:01 AM9/15/14
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Martin,

I just tried connecting to http://demo.bigbluebutton.org/ and was able to join.

Can you try again and let us know if you still have problems.

Regards,... Fred

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/bigbluebutton-users.

Martin Regan

Sep 16, 2014, 7:01:42 AM9/16/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
fred

I get to the first screen where you put in username and then when I try and connect I get a message cannot connect to server and then it retries. It must be a problem our end then. maybe our firewall has it blocked or the IT dept set restrictions on it.

Martin

Fred Dixon

Sep 16, 2014, 7:43:08 AM9/16/14
to BigBlueButton-users
> I get a message cannot connect

Are you getting connected to the server and the message is from the audio test?

Could you post a screen -- it would make it a bit more clearer.

> It must be a problem our end then. maybe our firewall has it blocked or the IT dept set restrictions on it.

That sounds like what's happening.  Your firewall needs to allow outbound connections for UDP on ports 16384 - 32768 for WebRTC audio to work.

If the WebRTC audio isn't able to connect, it should fall back to the existing Flash-based audio (which requires only port 1935) and work.

If the Flash-based audio can't connect via port 1935, it will fall back again to tunnelling through port 80 (you'll see the words [Tunnelling] in the lower right-hand corner.  Tunnelling to the BigBlueButton server is as stable as connecting directly through Flash-based or WebRTC based audio.

Regards,... Fred

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/bigbluebutton-users.

Martin Regan

Sep 16, 2014, 9:05:06 AM9/16/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com

I don't even get that far - must be a restriction on our firewall here - see the attached screen shot

Fred Dixon

Sep 16, 2014, 9:12:05 AM9/16/14
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Martin,

Its definitely a firewall.  It looks like the client isn't able to fall-back and tunnel to port 80 either.

Regards,... Fred

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/bigbluebutton-users.

Martin Regan

Sep 16, 2014, 9:37:35 AM9/16/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
thanks Fred i'll take it up with IT Dept here. BTW we are making BBB the standard for all our training and we have 12000 online students who will access it eventually

thanks -!!

Marty

Fred Dixon

Sep 16, 2014, 3:31:55 PM9/16/14
to BigBlueButton-users
> BTW we are making BBB the standard for all our training and we have 12000 online students who will access it eventually

That's great to hear -- thanks for sharing it!