Libreoffice Port Number

Niyi Aromokeye

Sep 15, 2016, 11:54:18 AM9/15/16
to bigbluebutton-users
Please can get I get the port with which the Libreoffice package is running and do I refer to it in another application to use it? Thank you

Fred Dixon

Sep 15, 2016, 11:57:01 AM9/15/16
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Niyi,

If you check the running processes, you'll see the defined port.

# ps -aef | grep libre
root     11069  9011  0 17:55 pts/0    00:00:00 grep --color=auto libre
root     22970     1  0 Sep06 ?        00:36:13 /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin --headless --nologo --nofirststartwizard --accept=socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=8100;urp --pidfile=/var/run/soffice.pid

It's on port 8100 for localhost (127.0.0.1).

Regards,... Fred

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 11:54 AM, Niyi Aromokeye <minesa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Please can get I get the port with which the Libreoffice package is running and do I refer to it in another application to use it? Thank you

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Niyi Aromokeye

Sep 15, 2016, 12:25:05 PM9/15/16
to bigbluebutton-users

Thank you Fred. Its a privilege talking to you. I got this error trying to use information port number and localhost on Chamilo PPT converter. I however got this "The connection to the document converter failed. Please contact your platform administrator to fix the problem"
Could I be making mistake with the required information?

Required information: Host, port, login, ftp password, Path to LZX files.

Please help with right kind of answers to these requirements.

Fred Dixon

Sep 15, 2016, 1:41:01 PM9/15/16
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Niyi,

Can you post a follow-up to bigbluebutton-setup (this is the group where we go through setup/installation issues).  See

Can you post in the followup what version of BigBlueButton you are using.

Regards,... Fred

Niyi Aromokeye

Sep 15, 2016, 1:52:36 PM9/15/16
to bigbluebutton-users