Transifex

Niels

Jul 11, 2016, 6:59:56 AM7/11/16
to bigbluebutton-users
Hi, I requested to be added a week and four days ago to improve dutch on BBB. Right now some big spellings errors there. Would be pleased if I could gain access. Thanks

Julien Cros

Jul 12, 2016, 5:15:20 AM7/12/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Same for me, but for french, i would like to contribute if possible.
Thanks

Hi, I requested to be added a week and four days ago to improve dutch on BBB. Right now some big spellings errors there. Would be pleased if I could gain access. Thanks

Julien Cros

Jul 29, 2016, 7:22:11 AM7/29/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hello
I've been added to transifex, made a few suggestions and proposals of translation but not sure i'm using it well...Any help pages i should consult to share..?
Thanks

Fred Dixon

Jul 29, 2016, 8:41:19 AM7/29/16
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Julien,

Have you updated strings in Transifex?    Normally, we'll pull updated language strings from Transifex as part of the development of 1.1 development.

Unless there are serious errors in the language strings for 1.0, we'll apply the updates to 1.1-dev.  You'll be able to test the new language strings when we release 1.1-beta (subscribe to bigbluebutton-dev for announcements).

Regards,... Fred
--
BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Julien Cros

Jul 29, 2016, 9:50:53 AM7/29/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred,

Yes i did in fr_FR but as soon as a change is made it is unilaterally included..? There is no vote system for example ?

Thanks for insights
Regards

Fred Dixon

Jul 30, 2016, 7:38:21 AM7/30/16
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Julien,

> Yes i did in fr_FR but as soon as a change is made it is unilaterally included..? There is no vote system for example ?

We don't have any voting system for changes to localization strings -- we are trusting in the wisdom of multiple translators in each project to ensure that the text is correct.

During each beta cycle, we pull from Transifex many times to give translators a chance to see the strings in the client and make updates.

If you see an error -- make a fix in Transifex and you'll see it in an upcoming beta release of BigBlueButton 1.1-beta (not release yet as we are currently working on 1.1-dev).

Regards,... Fred

Pablo San Roman Bengoetxea

Aug 4, 2016, 3:07:20 AM8/4/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.

Perhaps, .. is there any posibility to get the "reviewer" rol (or the
"coordinator", better), instead of the "translator" simple rol ? In this
way we would get vote system, and we would do the workflow in two steps:
one person translate, another person review it.
We are working in this way in the sakai spanish team and it's quite fine.

thanks!
Regards.

Pablo San Roman
HBGMI / CSIE | tel 948 168482
http://www.unavarra.es/centroinnovacioneducativa

El 30/07/2016 a las 13:37, Fred Dixon escribió:
> [...]
> test the new language strings when we release 1.1-beta
> (subscribe to bigbluebutton-dev for announcements).
>
> Regards,... Fred
>
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 8:22 AM, Julien Cros
> <jcros...@gmail.com <mailto:jcros...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hello
> I've been added to transifex, made a few suggestions and
> proposals of translation but not sure i'm using it
> well...Any help pages i should consult to share..?
> Thanks

> <jcros...@gmail.com <mailto:jcros...@gmail.com>>:
>
> Hello,
> Same for me, but for french, i would like to
> contribute if possible.
> Thanks

> <mailto:nmab...@gmail.com>>:
>
> Hi, I requested to be added a week and four days
> ago to improve dutch on BBB. Right now some big
> spellings errors there. Would be pleased if I

Fred Dixon

Aug 4, 2016, 7:24:50 AM8/4/16
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Pablo,

> is there any posibility to get the "reviewer" rol (or the "coordinator", better), instead of the "translator" simple rol ? In this way we would get vote system, and we would do the workflow in two steps: one person translate, another person review it.

Transifex does support roles

but it looks like there is a mode for voting on transltaed strings.  See

Looking at the teams, some are getting large -- Arabic has 24 members, Russian has 20 members.  There are 219 translators working on BigBlueButton.

Have you (or anyone on this mailing list) used Transifex with voting?  Interested in hearing the experiences of others.

Regards,... Fred

Pablo San Roman Bengoetxea

Aug 4, 2016, 9:03:07 AM8/4/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Oh yes!, it is possible to vote with the "translator" role, I didn’t see
it.
However, I'm not able to find all the strings which have received a
suggestion, in order to do the vote. It is easy to find all the strings
no-reviewed with the search option, but doesn't exist the option to find
strings with suggestions ( or I don’t know).

We on the sakai-spanish team don't usually use the vote option. Only in
special cases we have to agree with a word, title or so. In that cases
we speak about them in weekly online meetings.
The usual procedure is: one translator (coordinator role) make some
translations, then, another translator (with coordinator role too) marks
the "review" feature, if agree. If do not, he/she would propose it for
the next meeting.

Regards!