Use all the RAM

rayn....@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2017, 9:52:37 PM3/26/17
to bigbluebutton-users
Hello,

We just installed BBB 1.1 and it’s working very nicely.
Thank you for this awesome product.
Quick question, the dedicated server we are renting has 16 Gb or RAM and in our testing we have not managed to use all of it.
Is there a way to force BBB to use the maximum amount of RAM ?

Thank you

Fred Dixon

Mar 26, 2017, 9:56:42 PM3/26/17
to BigBlueButton-users
HI Ryan,

You actually want to have unused RAM since the recording processes will occasionally start ffmpeg to process recordings and the upload slide process will spawn pdf2swf to convert PDF files to SWF files.

If you want to bump up tomcat7 a bit, you can edit

  /usr/share/tomcat7/bin/setenv.sh

and set the values of "-Xms256m -Xmx256m" to "-Xms512m -Xmx512m".  Otherwise, the default settings are good.

Regards,... Fred

P.S.  In the future, please post installation/configuration questions to bigbluebutton-setup as this group is more for end-user questions such as "how do I use Feature X?".

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

rayn....@gmail.com