BBB HTML5 audio can not connect

Reza Ervani

May 20, 2017, 8:35:03 AM5/20/17
to bigbluebutton-users
Dear BBBers,
We use BBB 1.1.0-RC, integrated with Moodle 3.3

When participant try to use Microphone in Chrome Browser on Android, it keep failed and show red message like this : "getUserMicMedia failed, Only Secure Origin are allowed"

Then we set SSL with Lets Encrypt, so our server change into https://meeting.rumahilmu.or.id - But audio still can not connect with different message : "Your Audio connection failed to connect"

We've tried all three different options :

User can listen audio but can't use their microphone to participate

What should we do ?

Thank you for your assistance,

Regard,
Reza Ervani
Sekolah Rumah Ilmu Indonesia

Fred Dixon

May 20, 2017, 8:37:32 AM5/20/17
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Reza,

Thanks for trying out the developer release of the BigBlueButton HTML5 client.  It's still under development and we're interested to understand why it didn't work for you in your scenario.

Are you able to open

on your Android device and share your audio?

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Fred Dixon

May 20, 2017, 8:42:56 AM5/20/17
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Reza,

To confirm the audio is setup correctly on your server, can you check the BigBlueButton client and let us know if you are able to join audio on your server without problems.

You want to first make sure that the BigBlueButton client connects without issues and, once the server is accepting audio connections from the web client, try the BigBlueButton HTML5 client.

Regards,.. Fred

Reza Ervani

May 20, 2017, 9:25:52 AM5/20/17
to bigbluebutton-users
Thank you for your fast response,

Yes, We are able to use https://test.bigbluebutton.org/ in HTML5 and share audio without problem

I tried to check my configuration few more time and report it here. Just one more question, how to make two login options in demo site (one login to HTML5 version and one more to Flash version) like you did at https://test.bigbluebutton.org ?

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 8:35 AM, Reza Ervani <rezae...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear BBBers,
We use BBB 1.1.0-RC, integrated with Moodle 3.3

When participant try to use Microphone in Chrome Browser on Android, it keep failed and show red message like this : "getUserMicMedia failed, Only Secure Origin are allowed"

Then we set SSL with Lets Encrypt, so our server change into https://meeting.rumahilmu.or.id - But audio still can not connect with different message : "Your Audio connection failed to connect"

We've tried all three different options :

User can listen audio but can't use their microphone to participate

What should we do ?

Thank you for your assistance,

Regard,
Reza Ervani
Sekolah Rumah Ilmu Indonesia

Fred Dixon

May 20, 2017, 10:08:47 AM5/20/17
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Can you test your server with the bigbluebutton client and let us know if you can share your microphone.

Regards,... fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Reza Ervani

May 20, 2017, 10:30:36 AM5/20/17
to bigbluebutton-users
I think the problem is WebRTC '

I am a little bit confuse here, we use OVH server, all port is open. But I want to try some instruction here : http://docs.bigbluebutton.org/install/install.html#configure-freeswitch-for-using-webrtc

We use two different IP on this server, and both of them registered to DNS to same hostname (meeting.rumahilmu.or.id). So, should we write both of this IP on /etc/bigbluebutton/nginx/sip.nginx

location /ws {
  proxy_pass https://51.255.152.14:7443;
 proxy_pass https://164.132.192.252:7443;
proxy_http_version 1.1;

And /opt/freeswitch/conf/vars.xml :

like

<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="local_ip_v4=164.132.192.252"/>
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="local_ip_v4=51.255.152.14"/>

<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="external_rtp_ip=164.132.192.252"/>
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="external_rtp_ip=51.255.152.14"/>

and so on ?

Thank you Fred,

Regard,
Reza Ervani

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Fred Dixon

May 20, 2017, 10:48:29 AM5/20/17
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Reza,

> So, should we write both of this IP on /etc/bigbluebutton/nginx/sip.nginx
> location /ws {

I don't think that will work.

You need to just use the IP address that FreeSWITCH binds to when it's listening for external connections.  If nginx doesn't forward the incoming web socket connection from an external client to the correct IP address, then whether whether you connect from the HTML5 client or the Flash client, the audio connection will fail.

To see which IP address FreeSWITCH is listening on for external connections, you can execute the command

sudo /opt/freeswitch/bin/fs_cli -x 'sofia status profile external'

and take note of the IP addresses for Ext-RTP-IP and Ext-SIP-IP.  Try modifying /etc/bigbluebutton/nginx/sip.nginx so it only proxys for that given IP address.

Regards,.. Fre

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Rumah Ilmu Indonesia

May 22, 2017, 5:39:12 AM5/22/17
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Dear Fred,

WebRTC Problem 1002 still shown.

Join and listen audio is not a problem in flash mode, but in HTML5 mode, we can only listen an audio, but can't join it

These are what we have done :

0. Turn off ufw

1. Remove second IP from DNS and Network Interfaces - So our last /etc/network/intefaces is :

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
        post-up ip addr add 164.132.192.252/32 dev lo
        pre-down ip addr del 164.132.192.252/32 dev lo

auto ens3
iface ens3 inet dhcp

#auto ens3:1
#iface ens3:1 inet static
#       address 51.255.152.14
#       netmask 255.255.255.255

#       post-up /sbin/ifconfig ens3:1 51.255.152.14 netmask 255.255.255.255 broadcast 51.255.152.14
#       predown /sbin/ifconfig ens3:1 down

2. Change /opt/freeswitch/conf/vars.xml into external IP address

3. Change /opt/freeswitch/conf/sip_profiles/external.xml  into external IP address

4. Check /usr/share/red5/webapps/sip/WEB-INF/bigbluebutton-sip.properties to make ensure it has internal IP address

5. Change /etc/bigbluebutton/nginx/sip.nginx to have external IP address (we use SSL so it use port 7443)

6. Result of systemctl status freeswitch

● freeswitch.service - freeswitch
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/freeswitch.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Mon 2017-05-22 11:28:12 CEST; 7min ago
  Process: 1065 ExecStart=/opt/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch -u freeswitch -g daemon -ncwait $DAEMON_OPTS (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 1267 (freeswitch)
    Tasks: 36
   Memory: 66.1M
      CPU: 2.592s
   CGroup: /system.slice/freeswitch.service
           └─1267 /opt/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch -u freeswitch -g daemon -ncwait -nonat

May 22 11:28:02 meeting.rumahilmu.or.id systemd[1]: Starting freeswitch...
May 22 11:28:04 meeting.rumahilmu.or.id freeswitch[1065]: 1267 Backgrounding.
May 22 11:28:12 meeting.rumahilmu.or.id systemd[1]: Started freeswitch.

7. Make Dummy NIC

----

Any suggestion will be appreciated

Thank you very much,

Regard,
Reza Ervani
Sekolah Rumah Ilmu Indonesia

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/bigbluebutton-users.

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Rumah Ilmu Indonesia

May 22, 2017, 7:44:19 AM5/22/17
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
It SOLVED,

I just forgot to change http into https in /etc/bigbluebutton/nginx/sip.nginx

location /ws {
        proxy_pass https://164.132.192.252:7443;
        proxy_http_version 1.1;
        proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
        proxy_set_header Connection "Upgrade";
        proxy_read_timeout 6h;
        proxy_send_timeout 6h;
        client_body_timeout 6h;
        send_timeout 6h;
}

Now everything looked normal

Thank you for your support

Regard,
Reza Ervani
Sekolah Rumah Ilmu Indonesia
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to bigbluebutton-users+unsubscribe...@googlegroups.com.

Fred Dixon

May 22, 2017, 8:46:36 AM5/22/17
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Rumah,

Glad to hear you got it running.  In the future, please post any similar question to bigbluebutton-setup

That's the best forum for setup/installation questions.

Regards,... Fred

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/bigbluebutton-users.