API meta parameters

c...@stepaneurope.com

Oct 16, 2014, 12:03:13 PM10/16/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I am using latest build of bbb 0.9 beta

I have created some meetings with meta parameters, and would like to know how to retreive these parameters with the API?

Also does BBB use MySQL?
What"s are the default login/pass to access the database?

Thanks
Cedric

Fred Dixon

Oct 16, 2014, 12:25:52 PM10/16/14
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Cedric,

If you use getMeetingInfo API call, you'll get back the meta data for the active meeting

Once the meeting finishes, it's cleared from memory.

> Also does BBB use MySQL?
> What"s are the default login/pass to access the database?

BigBlueButton does not use mysql (or any other database) to store meeting information.  It's held in memory during the active session.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

c...@stepaneurope.com

Oct 17, 2014, 2:48:58 AM10/17/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Fred.
Maybe it would be good to display this parameters on the xml response of the creation confirmation.

Regards,
Cedric

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 12:03 PM, <c...@stepaneurope.com> wrote:
Hello,
I am using latest build of bbb 0.9 beta

I have created some meetings with meta parameters, and would like to know how to retreive these parameters with the API?

Also does BBB use MySQL?
What"s are the default login/pass to access the database?

Thanks
Cedric

Fred Dixon

Oct 17, 2014, 7:49:33 AM10/17/14
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Cedric,

> Maybe it would be good to display this parameters on the xml response of the creation confirmation.

We could, but the 3rd party application already has this information as it had just sent a create request to the server with the parameters.

Regards,... Fred

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/bigbluebutton-users.

c...@stepaneurope.com

Oct 17, 2014, 10:36:53 AM10/17/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Yes that's right.
But for example if you call getMeetings api then again you do not see meta parameters.
You then have to call getMeetings + getMeetingInfo for each meeting!
I would be simplier to have all détails in the getMeetings infos no?
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/bigbluebutton-users.

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

Fred Dixon

Oct 17, 2014, 10:44:11 AM10/17/14
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Cedric,

> I would be simplier to have all détails in the getMeetings infos no?

Yes, but there are times your only interested in information about a specific meeting, so we broke it into two API calls to avoid always having to get all information about all meetings on the server for the cases which you only need the information for a single meeting.