Bigbluebutton Modules

Vel Murugan

Jul 7, 2014, 3:13:41 AM7/7/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

when i try to login into bigbluebutton from my moodle website it shows 9modules loaded.From my observation those 9modules for chat,webcam,presentation screen,Audio etc...If am correct my question is can i use only two modules alone For example audio and presentation.Please let me know

Thanks,

Regards,

J.Velmurugan

Fred Dixon

Jul 7, 2014, 5:09:48 AM7/7/14
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Vel,

Are you logging in as a viewer or moderator?  In Moodle, students login as viewers (they can share their webcam, audio, and chat), whereas all other users in a Moodle course login as moderators.

For more information on how BigBlueButton works with Moodle, see

(There is a video at the above link).   For differences between moderator/presenter and viewer, see

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

Vel Murugan

Jul 11, 2014, 3:19:01 AM7/11/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred,

Thanks for your quick response.I am logging into moodle as a moderator.My question is can i remove webcam options in bigbluebutton for both moderator and viewer .Please let me know .

Regards,

Vel

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 3:13 AM, Vel Murugan <vel...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

when i try to login into bigbluebutton from my moodle website it shows 9modules loaded.From my observation those 9modules for chat,webcam,presentation screen,Audio etc...If am correct my question is can i use only two modules alone For example audio and presentation.Please let me know

Thanks,

Regards,

J.Velmurugan

Fred Dixon

Jul 11, 2014, 5:36:19 AM7/11/14
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Vel,

> My question is can i remove webcam options in bigbluebutton for both moderator and viewer

You have two options.

1.  BigBlueButton API

You can extend the Moodle integration (programming required) to use BigBlueButton's dynamic config.xml -- specificially, the getDefaultConfigXML and setDefaultConfigXML calls.  See

and for a demo see

This will let you enable/disable webcam on a per-user basis.

2.  Edit config.xml

If you have access to the BigBlueButton server, and want to disable the webcam for all users, you  can edit the config.xml

and comment out the VideoconfModule

Regards,... Fred

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/bigbluebutton-users.

Vel Murugan

Jul 11, 2014, 6:27:41 AM7/11/14
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi fred,

Thanks again I will go through this and get back to you.

Regards,

J.Velmurugan