Do we have control over the front-end elements?

Matt Hampton

Apr 14, 2015, 3:59:14 PM4/14/15
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
We are very interested in BBB for a project but cannot see that the tool has anything but a Flash front-end. Our tool will lean heavily on mobile devices so we are wondering if we have either another front-end option OR a pathway to re-creating these tools with our own front-end and simply connecting to your core through these tools. We are a development shop so are highly tech-capable but just need to be pointed in the right direction). Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Fred Dixon

Apr 14, 2015, 6:38:47 PM4/14/15
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Matt,

We're working on an HTML5 (no Flash) front-end that should give you another option for building a BigBlueButton client. Subscribe to our developer mailing list at bigbluebutton-dev for notification when a developer build of the HTML5 client is ready to try out.

Regards,... Fred

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Matt Hampton <ma...@envoydesign.com> wrote:
We are very interested in BBB for a project but cannot see that the tool has anything but a Flash front-end. Our tool will lean heavily on mobile devices so we are wondering if we have either another front-end option OR a pathway to re-creating these tools with our own front-end and simply connecting to your core through these tools. We are a development shop so are highly tech-capable but just need to be pointed in the right direction). Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

Matt Hampton

Apr 14, 2015, 9:55:38 PM4/14/15
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I just did that. In that forum is it posted an estimated production schedule for that? I am just curious what the event horizon looks like for the HTML5. Thanks again for the tip though. I will be sure to look around.

Fred Dixon

Apr 14, 2015, 10:52:07 PM4/14/15
to BigBlueButton-users
HI Matt,

We're working on the HTML5 client now.  We'll post to bigbluebutton-dev when a developer release is available for others to try out and build upon.

Regards,... Fred