WebRTC connection error with firefox windows version , no problem with firefox mac version, why ?

markham89

Feb 8, 2016, 1:56:34 PM2/8/16
to bigbluebutton-users
Hello,

Since i've upgrade my bbb 0.9 to 1.0 beta, i can't use WebRTC with my firefox on my pc, but i have no problem with firefox mac version.
chrome doesn't work definitively (perhaps https restriction).

On my pc i have kaspersky av but firewall fonction is disable.

can you help me to fix this ?

Fred Dixon

Feb 8, 2016, 1:59:22 PM2/8/16
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Mark,

Can test your FireFox against

And let us know what version of FireFox you are running.

> chrome doesn't work definitively (perhaps https restriction).

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

markham89

Feb 9, 2016, 12:27:20 PM2/9/16
to bigbluebutton-users
Hi,

My firefox windows and mac  work like a charm with your demo server (chrome too),

So , I format and reinstall my BBB srever or are you an other idea, ?

thx

Fred Dixon

Feb 9, 2016, 12:35:05 PM2/9/16
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Mark,

> So , I format and reinstall my BBB srever

You don't need to reformat your server -- BigBlueButton is an application, just like any other, and it's likely a configuration issue.

Still, if your running a virtual server, it easy to reconfigure with a new Ubuntu 14.04.  Go through the install steps for BigBlueButton 1.0-beta, at

Better still, leave your existing server and install on a new VM.  If you get it working, then you can now compare between the two servers to determine why your current server isn't work.

Regards,... Fred

markham89

Feb 11, 2016, 1:11:54 PM2/11/16
to bigbluebutton-users
Hi,

I just fix the problem, after a total reinstall, problem persist, after many tries, i found that it was my antivirus (kaspersky endpoint) wich drop webrtc request, so i just white list my bbb serveur and all is ok !

thx

Fred Dixon

Feb 11, 2016, 2:28:25 PM2/11/16
to BigBlueButton-users
Hi Mark,

Great to hear you got it working (and sharing what was the underlying issue).

Regards,... Fred