Can't join a meeting on Greenlight

Didier Guillaume-Sam

May 19, 2017, 1:26:42 AM5/19/17
to BigBlueButton-Setup
I set up my Greenlight server and everything was working perfectly.  I decided to add google authentication and it seems to have broken the server.  They authentication works but when I try to join a meeting I've created, nothing happens.  I will click the join button there is no loading, no errors, nothing.  I just remain on the page.

Please help.

Joshua Arts

May 19, 2017, 3:51:41 PM5/19/17
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hey Didier,

Are you able to provide any more information? Did you follow all the steps on the BigBlueButtons docs (http://docs.bigbluebutton.org/install/green-light.html#installing-greenlight)? Are you using Docker? Did you check if there are any errors on the client side in the browser's console?

Didier Guillaume-Sam

May 19, 2017, 6:02:53 PM5/19/17
to BigBlueButton-Setup

Yes. I followed the steps to install Greenlight up until the google authentication .

This is bbb-conf --clean:
Restaring BigBlueButton 1.1.0-RC (and cleaning out all log files) ...
Stopping BigBlueButton
 ... cleaning log files
Starting BigBlueButton

** Potential problems described below **
#       Log file too short (less than 100 lines): /usr/share/red5/log/bigbluebutton.log (red5)
# Warning: The client self check is installed and accessible from:
#
#

# Error: Unable to reach default URL for presentation:
#
#
# Check value for beans.presentationService.defaultUploadedPresentation in
#   /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/bigbluebutton/WEB-INF/classes/bigbluebutton.properties

This is bbb-conf --check:
BigBlueButton Server 1.1.0-RC (557)
                    Kernel version: 4.4.0-78-generic
                            Memory: 4046 MB

/var/www/bigbluebutton/client/conf/config.xml (bbb-client)
                Port test (tunnel): your.tzmbbb.com
                              red5: your.tzmbbb.com
              useWebrtcIfAvailable: true

/opt/freeswitch/etc/freeswitch/sip_profiles/external.xml (FreeSWITCH)
                    websocket port: 7443
                    WebRTC enabled: true

/etc/nginx/sites-available/bigbluebutton (nginx)
                       server name: your.tzmbbb.com
                              port: 80, [::]:80
                              port: 443 ssl
                    bbb-client dir: /var/www/bigbluebutton

/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/bigbluebutton/WEB-INF/classes/bigbluebutton.properties (bbb-web)
                      bbb-web host: your.tzmbbb.com

/var/www/bigbluebutton/check/conf/config.xml (client check)
                      client check: your.tzmbbb.com

/usr/share/red5/webapps/bigbluebutton/WEB-INF/red5-web.xml (red5)
                  voice conference: FreeSWITCH

/usr/local/bigbluebutton/core/scripts/bigbluebutton.yml (record and playback)
                     playback host: your.tzmbbb.com

** Potential problems described below **

# Warning: The client self check is installed and accessible from:
#
#

# Error: Unable to reach default URL for presentation:
#
#
# Check value for beans.presentationService.defaultUploadedPresentation in
#   /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/bigbluebutton/WEB-INF/classes/bigbluebutton.properties

I was trying to figure out a way to solve my issue and I think I broke the server.  I ran sudo restart to restart my Ubunto server and now I get a 404 error on my page.

When I run the client check for BBB it tells me my ping is undefined

Joshua Arts

May 23, 2017, 9:24:01 AM5/23/17
to BigBlueButton-Setup
If you're getting a 404 then you most likely broke something. I would suggest reinstalling the server or reverting to an older snapshot (if possible). I'm not too sure why GreenLight isn't working for you, but I'll definitely look into it further.

In the environment variables file (.env), did you see SLACK_WEBHOOK and LANDING_BACKGROUND? These were just added recently might help me pinpoint where the problem is coming from.

Didier Guillaume-Sam

May 23, 2017, 10:00:48 AM5/23/17
to BigBlueButton-Setup
I actually just fixed the problem. I started running through the install steps for Greenlight again.  Apparently the Endpoint and Secret values were commented out for some reason and I didn't notice.  Still not sure why it broke when I added the Google Auth credentials. Everything works now though!

Also I don't see SLACK_WEBHOOK and LANDING_BACKGROUND.  Do I have to update to see these?

Didier Guillaume-Sam

May 23, 2017, 10:01:50 AM5/23/17
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Also, thanks alot Josh!

Joshua Arts

May 23, 2017, 10:21:36 AM5/23/17
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Glad to hear it!

The Slack Integration and User Preferences are new features that haven't been added to the install yet, but if you really wanted them you could install GreenLight from the github repo. They are by no means mandatory to properly use GreenLight however. Keep in mind they may cause problems, as they are still new.